This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker dealership being sold

I live near Lugoff SC and there is a Studebaker dealership that is up for sale. I mean the building, land and all. The dealership has been there as long as I can remember and I'm 57. There is a '48 Champion on the roof that has been there for a long, long time. The man that started it died and his son took over but never cared about it so it is for sale. There is about 20 acres of cars out back. I have a Hawk but there are none of them there. Lots of Larks and a few Presidents mostly 50's and 60's stuff. The name is Boykin Studebaker in Lugoff SC. I know what will happen. Someone will buy the place and just crush all the cars just to get them out of the yard. I wish someone could use them. Tom

First of all thank you for the heads up on the property being for sale. I was wondering if you might have some pictures of the property. I am a huge fan of larks and well any studebaker for that matter! Those lark types were built like tanks in my opinion. Anyway I will cut to the chase, how much is he wanting for the property? Are any of the cars in the back running? I would love to get some parts for my lark, especially the elusive clock.
    1947 Studebaker M-5
    1946 Studebaker M-5
    1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
    1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
    1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

First of all thank you for the heads up on the property being for sale. I was wondering if you might have some pictures of the property. I am a huge fan of larks and well any studebaker for that matter! Those lark types were built like tanks in my opinion. Anyway I will cut to the chase, how much is he wanting for the property? Are any of the cars in the back running? I would love to get some parts for my lark, especially the elusive clock.
      1947 Studebaker M-5
      1946 Studebaker M-5
      1948 Studebaker Land Cruiser
      1961 Studebaker Lark 4-dr. Sedan
      1951 Studebaker Land Cruiser

Comment

I did a quick search on GOOGLE, and came up with this site= http://www.gardensafari.net/edye/gal...ls.php?album=2
        it has a few pics of the cars/trucks and 1 that shows part of a fence or building.
        also found this at www.doeuv.com """Just thought you folks would want to know the Boykin Garage property in Lugoff is up for sale. Commercial land 1.7 acres. The real estate company handling it is C C Canada 803.432.9780. The receptionist said if people wanted to see if the having the cars removed from the lot would be of interest to the owner, call the broker, Mr. Canada, and he will see what the owner says. In any case, it looks likely it will no longer be a spot to find parts. Bill Rozier
        The KC Current """"
        and here are the pics!!!!http://laanderud.com/lugoff/

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

I did a quick search on GOOGLE, and came up with this site= http://www.gardensafari.net/edye/gal...ls.php?album=2
          it has a few pics of the cars/trucks and 1 that shows part of a fence or building.
          also found this at www.doeuv.com """Just thought you folks would want to know the Boykin Garage property in Lugoff is up for sale. Commercial land 1.7 acres. The real estate company handling it is C C Canada 803.432.9780. The receptionist said if people wanted to see if the having the cars removed from the lot would be of interest to the owner, call the broker, Mr. Canada, and he will see what the owner says. In any case, it looks likely it will no longer be a spot to find parts. Bill Rozier
          The KC Current """"
          and here are the pics!!!!http://laanderud.com/lugoff/

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Great series of pictures. Something for everyone. Realistically not many are saveable. But for parts.....there is a lot here.

Figures I was looking for a 52 and that ends up being the one stuck up on the roof.

Dan
            52 hardtop

Comment

Great series of pictures. Something for everyone. Realistically not many are saveable. But for parts.....there is a lot here.

Figures I was looking for a 52 and that ends up being the one stuck up on the roof.

Dan
              52 hardtop

Comment

It's a shame that this stuff's fate looks grim. And I doubt any en masse rescue is in it's future. But to state that 99% of it is scrap-worthy, is a very uninformed assessment.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President 2-dr
                1955 President State
                1951 Champion Biz cpe
                1963 Daytona project FS
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's a shame that this stuff's fate looks grim. And I doubt any en masse rescue is in it's future. But to state that 99% of it is scrap-worthy, is a very uninformed assessment.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I got the information on this yard a couple of months ago. I do have a very rudimentary listing of the vehicles along with some B & W photos that were faxed to me. At one point I had some interest in the trailer toter, but it along with much of the other stuff is in too rough of shape to justify a trip to Camden, SC to pick it up.

I had not seen the green Transtar truck with the fender flares on it however. Too bad the right one is destroyed.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I got the information on this yard a couple of months ago. I do have a very rudimentary listing of the vehicles along with some B & W photos that were faxed to me. At one point I had some interest in the trailer toter, but it along with much of the other stuff is in too rough of shape to justify a trip to Camden, SC to pick it up.

I had not seen the green Transtar truck with the fender flares on it however. Too bad the right one is destroyed.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

These cars are a good source for the many small parts that disappear due to the "shop gnomes", but it will take a miracle for them to be spared from the crusher. [:0]

Comment

These cars are a good source for the many small parts that disappear due to the "shop gnomes", but it will take a miracle for them to be spared from the crusher. [:0]

Comment

I think there's some good stuff there to make a Studebaker sculpture. It would be a little like what Buddy Hackett was doing in the Love Bug.
                            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I think there's some good stuff there to make a Studebaker sculpture. It would be a little like what Buddy Hackett was doing in the Love Bug.
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                              X