pics of the two-headed Lark [link]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pics of the two-headed Lark [link]

No,MBSTUDE, it's not photoshop. I remember this car in local parades years and years ago.Hadn't seen or thought of it till it popped up at the local junkyard.
    The owner calls it 'the clown car'[)] most others have called it the 'pushmepullyou' but I like the name SHOWBIZKID came up with:Two Headed Lark!
    As BAMS50 said,this was a popular fad at one time,and I've seen it done to a few cars,brand x's thankfully! Oh and BONDOBILLY,there are inside door handles,I don't think they bothered to install door glass,it's only a 'fair weather' car![:0]
    [note the tailpipe under the 'front' bumper]-
    http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/52hawk/ [click on 'clown car']

Oglesby,Il.
    "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
    Oglesby,Il.

I love it! Kids would get a kick out of it[)]

Is it for sale?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Looks like I was proven wrong. [:I] What an interesting car. And like BondoBill said; how DO you get in and out? Do the doors open? How?

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Gosh I Love it we could have so much fun with it and eyeballs front and back oops I mean front & Front.Can you imagine it with with Gus at a car show. Is it for Sale and where is it located?

Mabel 1949 Champion
        1957 Silverhawk
        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        1955 President State
        Fresno,Ca
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Keep in mind: this car hasn't been run in at least 10 years[maybe 20] AFAIK.Also,it's powered by a Chevette 4 cylinder!!! The last time I enquired about a price[about 4 years ago]it was $800.When it comes right down to it,there's not even 800 bucks worth of parts there.[unless you happen to know someone who is into restoring chevettes!]
          The front windshield is smashed,looks like vandalism.hammer-?
          My idea was to repaint it,and have it lettered,and use it as a billboard in front of my body shop,and maybe a parade once in awhile,but I have closed my business in the mean time.I'd honestly have to say,even though it's jut 10 miles from my house,I wouldn't pay over 200 for it.There's also a rusty c-cab in the same shed.
          The guy that owns it[salvage yard] always seems to want a little too much for certain items.I'd offer to help in the purchase if anyone is serious.It belongs to : ACE AUTO SALVAGE-Tonica Il.815-442-8224 Ask for MITCH...[mention my name,Bob Dellinger.he knows about my Studebaker affliction]

Oglesby,Il.
          "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I'm seriously interested!

I'll call him about it tomorrow- don't want to bug him on Sunday.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

The 1951 Champion "pushmepullyou" that was at Gettysburg in 1980 was, in fact, the clown car for the Jaffa Mosque Shriners in Altoona, Pa.

It is still in their possession but in need of a great deal of work.

Unfortunately, the only pictures I have from Gettysburg are 60mm slides, which I can not scan.

Brad Johnson
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for posting those pix, 52Hawk! That sure would be fun for someone to "restore" and bring to convention! Imagine the judges' faces

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X