Truck parts to China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck parts to China

While I've JUST brought that freebie 63 wagon here, I have also been working with some scrapper guys to get rid of some stuff I don't want. We took apart that 2E 3/4ton ex-Bell Telephone truck today. I saved the cab and front clip and let these scrap guys dice up the chassis and suspension. It left here less than an hour ago. After they get back from lunch, there's a couple of pieces of farm equip they're gonna cut up and some rolls of old fencing as well as a bunch of sheet metal to go. Tough job on this fairly hot day here!

Edit: Just to clarifry, someone had set a SBF engine and tranny in it, but never finished the install. The truck was originally a BIG 6 4-spd vehicle, but that engine was long gone when I got the truck.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

These scrapper guys came back for a second load today. I helped them cut up some old farm implements, load some old motos I had lyin' about, pack on some sheet metal I was never gonna use and topped all that off with the body of that other 63 Wagonaire that I'd had sitting around here since last year sometime.
    I wish I'd had a camera going as the three of us hoisted (BY HAND!) that station wagon body up on the back of their already loaded truck! I honestly didn't think we could do it, but with alot of cussing (and me getting squeezed by the aft end of the body at one point!)grunting and effort, it went on and got strapped to the rest of the scrap metal. A sad end for this Wagonaire that was sold new outta Idaho. But it was what I had to do.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

The StudeFarm is going to be so pistine by the time I get down there next week that I won't recognize it [:0]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Surprised no one wanted that Dana 60. They go quickly up in the NW.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Was that a full flow study block in the back of that flat bed ?. if sow man i live in the wrong part of the wourld. al i have to do is move, LOL,

rawise
          rawise

Comment

Jack, I never offered it to anyone I had one person kinda-sorta interested in the whole chassis, but they're too poor to even take it for free.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs
              I had one person kinda-sorta interested in the whole chassis, but they're too poor to even take it for free.
              Is that what you call being lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut?

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

raymond, it was indeed, a full flow block. May have even been a 289! Thing is, it was a Ford engine and tranny. Something that someone had adapted (crudely) in place of the Big Six that the truck came with originally.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                X