63 R2 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 R2 Hawk

Anyone coming from Tulsa, OK to San Antonio, Tx area with space to haul a 63 Hawk for a fee? It will need to be wenched onto a trailer.
    Allen

If there's free wenching in the deal that should make it easier to find someone to get on board with that chore. JK
    sals54

Comment

Sorry for mispelling the "thang of a ma gig" that pulls things.
      Allen

Comment

That seems like a heck of a deal... if I was able to I'd have jumped on it myself, as I happened to see it just as it was posted.

Be sure to update us, and don't forget PICTURES!![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Make a note of this date, it's the day I was beat to a killer deal.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

John, I e-mailed you this one last night. Was shocked you didn't jump on it.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

To be honest, I knew about the car,but it's a bit of a project for me right now.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

We all get older John. So it may be better that you allowed a 67 year old to do this one.
                Allen

Comment

I don't think you being a year older then me will make much difference.

JDP/Maryland
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

It sure sounded like a bargain, Allen. Post some pictures when you get the car. I haven't heard of a solid R2 Hawk that inexpensive in a long time. Great project! Good luck with it.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yep, but I came up with a fairly big number to bring it back, maybe 20K or more based on my experience. The blower stuff and under hood chrome alone could buy you a nice Lark. R2's bring big money, but they are a money pit to restore correctly.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Yep, but I came up with a fairly big number to bring it back, maybe 20K or more based on my experience. The blower stuff and under hood chrome alone could buy you a nice Lark. R2's bring big money, but they are a money pit to restore correctly.
                        I agree with the $20k (maybe even more) to restore it. But based on recent selling prices, he'll stay well above water with it.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

JP,
                          That may just as well be the kind of car to target Barrett Jackson with.
                          sals54

Comment

Working...
                          X