Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the Stude out in front of kids today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the Stude out in front of kids today!

Today I got home from a business trip mid-day, and found it just beautiful at home. It was my job to pick my eighth-grade daughter up at school today. Normally she says she's embarrassed if I pick her up in the Daytona, but today was so nice I did it anyway...with the top open to boot. While waiting, a girl came outside of the school and asked what kind of car it was; her teacher sent her out to ask! I heard a couple of boys say, "Look at that old Mercedes! It has a convertible sunroof!" I had to admit, I loved it!

My daughter even had a smile as she climbed into it, though I doubt she'd admit it!

Just wanted to share my "feel good" story here!

Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Good on ya! Great story.

A guess: Fifty years from now your daughter will tell her grandchildren how her dad used to pick her up from school in an old Studebaker...and how she she didn't like it then but later thought it was pretty neat.

My wife can remeber the very rare times her dad drove her to school (this was in England in the early 60s and few in her neighborhood had cars)...or the time my dad picked me up from third grade in his brand new, delivered that day 1963 Rambler.

Moral of the story...we won't influence the next couple of generation of car guys (and girls) if our Studes stay in the garage and only come out for shows and meets.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

JBOYLE hit the nail on the head. It's very important to get our Studes out of the garage and out on the road. Folks need to be exposed to these terrific cars.
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

My grandma used to drop me off at Kindergarten in her Avanti. I thought I was really somethin'.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

My grandma used to drop me off at Kindergarten in her Avanti. I thought I was really somethin'.
          Some years ago my wife gave one of my son's friend a lift in the '76 Avanti she drove. The kid's comment- "it's hard to be cool in a car like this". Since it was air conditioned, I don't think he was talking about heat.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
          Museum R-4 engine
          1962 Gravely Model L (Studebaker-Packard serial plate)
          1972 Gravely Model 430 (Studebaker name plate, Studebaker Onan engine)
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

When I was in the 6th grade[a long time ago] I got sick at school and my dad came to pick me up after rounding up some cattle. He didn't take time to remove his spurs. I heard them jingleing as he walked down the hall. The next day at recess I was surronded by kids asking" Doe's your Daddy drive a horse? My heros have always been cowboys. NT

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

P.S. He came to get me in the old Stude Pic up. [Studebaker content] NT

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny and warm (finally!), a good day to take the Transtar for a spin.

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar Deluxe
                Vancouver Island
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

I still have a few things to do on my daughters Jr Dragster for the first race of the year Sunday. If I get it done in time I plan on running the Lark in the street legal drags on Saturday night. Its alot of fun racing with the kids. Its all heads up racing. They even start you with a flag. [:0] There were 129 cars went through tech at the last drags. Thats pretty good for a small population county. The kids like running against the Stude

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                  X