This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple STF types

Here's a photo of me & Bob barrick (2R5) standing just aft of his Champ, the Fried Green Tomato. Cool guy (2R5) and a cool truck. I had the pleasure of talking Bob's ears off from Omaha to South Bend. Lots 'n lots of Studebaker things and dreams shared as we followed a friend's 58 Commander across Iowa and Illinois!
    Thanks for the lift, Bob!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Hey Bob,

What's that stainless trim ya got peeking out from your shirt-jacket?
    Hope ya got a receipt for those items!![:I][}]

KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)
    KURTRUK
    (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Hey Bob,

What's that stainless trim ya got peeking out from your shirt-jacket?
      Hope ya got a receipt for those items!![:I][}]

KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Kinda looks like the trim pieces that go over the doors in a C-cab truck. [?]

Comment

Kinda looks like the trim pieces that go over the doors in a C-cab truck. [?]

Comment

Hey Bob , thanks for the kind comments. We did have a good trip back to SB . Too bad you couldn't of hung around the next day . Dennis and I did some touring around SB and also to both museums, old and new. I'd for got about this picture...oh and by the way the other guy in the picture is Joel Larue , another Studebaker trucker from Iowa. Also heres that picture you took on the way back to SB. Sure hope you can make it out to SB meet next summer.

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hey Bob , thanks for the kind comments. We did have a good trip back to SB . Too bad you couldn't of hung around the next day . Dennis and I did some touring around SB and also to both museums, old and new. I'd for got about this picture...oh and by the way the other guy in the picture is Joel Larue , another Studebaker trucker from Iowa. Also heres that picture you took on the way back to SB. Sure hope you can make it out to SB meet next summer.

sigpic

Comment

Bob, trust me - I'm GONNA be there next June. Even the wife wants to go along.[^]
                Wish I could've stayed thru Sunday but my week at home went fast enough as it was.

Matt, you're correct, of course (that's why I quit trying to stump you with parts guessing!). Funny thing was, I paid $5 bucks for those and sold them for $10 about 30 minutes later. Got me to thinking, I could vend at South Bend and never take anything to sell. I'd just scoop up good deals and resell them to folks that didn't make it to the meet until later![:0][][^]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, trust me - I'm GONNA be there next June. Even the wife wants to go along.[^]
                  Wish I could've stayed thru Sunday but my week at home went fast enough as it was.

Matt, you're correct, of course (that's why I quit trying to stump you with parts guessing!). Funny thing was, I paid $5 bucks for those and sold them for $10 about 30 minutes later. Got me to thinking, I could vend at South Bend and never take anything to sell. I'd just scoop up good deals and resell them to folks that didn't make it to the meet until later![:0][][^]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I wish you would continue your parts guessing game. I thought it was fun! I promise to hold my guess until someone else gets it. [8D] At a swap meet a few months ago, I happened upon a pitted up set of grilles for a '51 Stdue car. Paid all of $5.00 for it. 20 minutes later I sold them for $25. About a week later I saw an identical set sell for $75.00 on ebay. [}]

Comment

I wish you would continue your parts guessing game. I thought it was fun! I promise to hold my guess until someone else gets it. [8D] At a swap meet a few months ago, I happened upon a pitted up set of grilles for a '51 Stdue car. Paid all of $5.00 for it. 20 minutes later I sold them for $25. About a week later I saw an identical set sell for $75.00 on ebay. [}]

Comment

Could we possibly see any more pictures of that 58 Commander?

Comment

Could we possibly see any more pictures of that 58 Commander?

Comment

Find some of the postings for the Omaha meet. There were alot of pics of this car taken there.

sigpic

Comment

Find some of the postings for the Omaha meet. There were alot of pics of this car taken there.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X