Seat Belt Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Belt Installation

I want to pu front belts on the Hawk. What is the best location on the floor, pictures if you have them, to drill the holes for the belts. Its nice being able to drive the Hawk but, after using belts all of these years, feels awkwards & unsafe, without them.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

This has been an ongoing discussion. There is space between the frame and the sub-floor boxes to mount the inside belts, but you most probably will need to open up the sub-floor box at or near the rocker panels to mount the outer belts. HOWEVER. With a Hawk even with the best belts on the market you will need to come up with a method of preventing the seat back from coming forward and literally causing internal injuries around the mid section.

Studebaker's original seat belts had the male part mounted to the door. They were from early Douglas aircraft DC-3 thru the DC-6 and 7 series.

If you do a search of this section there have been some very good installations shown, even a three pint system.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

If you do a search of this section there have been some very good installations shown, even a three pint system.
      I'll drink to that!

Comment

Thanks Bondo. I purchased belts from Stu-Int. Even though Having some kind of belt in the car is better than none. Its either that or I could do like the Beverly Hillbillies did to their car & use two pieces of rope.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Working...
        X