Clear All

• :0)

sigpic
    '89 Ford Festiva
    '90 Ford F250 4x4
    '18 Kia Soul
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

The bumper guards are upside down (at least compared to my '62 GT). Also, what's up with the add on hood ornament[?]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

That's funny! He probably put it on while laying on his back.

I saw another funny on there today. The listing is nothing special, just the tag line. "HORSE DRAWN WAGON MANUAL HORSE". Does that mean the horse has a clutch? Needs a carrot? Is not shiftless? I give up.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I think the whole bumper is upside down!

Alan Mende
        Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
        Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Guido beat me, so I didn't think about the guards. I think the whole thing is upside down. The angles on the bumpers ends are narrower at the top than the bottom. Not in a streamlining direction.

Comment

Upside down or rightside up

Any Hawk that looks good with front bumper guards...looks better without them

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

There was a Studebaker in the Great Race a couple of summers ago that had the bumper guards the same way.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

And what's the thing around the windshield glass inside of the body frame?

Comment

ok, now that I see Leonard's pic, maybe it's a chrome trim.

Comment

I guess that if I had taken the time to look at more than the front image I would have gotten it right the first time. The bumper is on upside down as can be seen in this image. I sent the owner a message to let him/her know. I wonder if that is a Junior wagon on the porch and a Studebaker wagon in my first picture?

Comment

The side picture makes the front fenders look like fenders from a 1950 model. In my mind.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

It appears that the same seller has this '61 Champ up for sale too (also with an implanted hood ornament).

Comment

Although the bumper is on upside down, the bumper guards actually look better in that position than stock.
                          sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by David

Am I missing something here in the opening post[?][?]
                            Tom

sigpic

Comment

No, The opening post is missing something. I'm always very curious as to why someone goes back to a 'lost' thread/post and changes it bringing up to the present without the past meaning.

Comment

Working...
                              X