Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat back side adjusting screws needed of '54 hdtp

Hello group,

Does any one have a pair of good pn 288269 front seat back side adjusting screws? They're rubber topped and have a 3/8-16 thread on them. The body parts catalog says they're 1-3/16" long. I check with Studebaker International and SASCO, and neither company has them. I also checked my Restoration Specialties and Supply Co. catalog, and I couldn't find similar ones in it either.

If you have a pair that you would be willing to sell me, please contact me off-list.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA
    Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
    Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Alan,

Are yours broken or gone, or is the rubber just worn out?

The rubber in mine was shot. I bead-blasted them and coated them with some urethane windshield sealer.

If they are broken or gone, you could make them with a hexagonal piece of steel tacked to an appropriate bolt and coated with black urethane.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Brad. The rubber on mine is in pretty poor shape. I'll try the urethane windshield sealer.

Alan Mende
      Hummelstown, PA
      Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
      Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

You may want to lay a bed of urethane on a sheet of wax paper and then invert the heads in to it. Once it's set, you can trim for appearance. Make certain the old heads are well cleaned so the urethane will adhere.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Somewhat relative to this topic:
          I just removed my seats to install new carpet, do not find any such bolts anywhere on the seat frame. I assume they would also be used on a 57 Silver Hawk (coupe)? If correct, can someone advise me where they should be located and approx. size of the hexagonal head ? I will attempt to fabricate them if they are a necessary item for proper seatback adjustment. Thanks !

Dennis Maxfield ( Boomer)
          Lancaster,CA
          1957 Silver Hawk (finless)

Comment

Working...
          X