Great bunch of people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great bunch of people

I've been on a bit of a shopping spree lately.

Heater cable, WCFB and manifold, steering column and now a trans.

The only problem part so far was a broken inner cable on the heater control. The eBay seller promptly replaced it. The seller of the carb didn't even wait for my check to clear. And when I found a DG250 only 15 or so miles from me, the guy returned my phone call the next day and offered a complete 259 engine along with it for a very reasonable price.

And this is all on top of the guy who sold me my Speedster. When my pre-arranged loan fell through, he let me pay the balance (after trading in Boris) over 6 months.

Between stuff like this and the helpfulness here in the forums, I'm just amazed. You guys (and ladies, sorry Anne) are great.

Thanks

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
    . . . he became a down payment for. . .
    Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

You are correct. I could go on and on about the kindnesses done for me by various SDC members, but I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone; the latest being JDP cluttering his garage with a sold r2 engine for over a month till I could get there[:I]

Thanks to a mostly great group! And be assured, I will pay it forward[^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"Some people live for the rules, I live for exceptions"- 311

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Paul,
      You are absolutely correct. There are no people like Studebaker people. You owe it to yourself to attend one of the national meetings when it's convenient for you to do so.
      You'll meet some terrific folks.
      Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Hello, Raprice. Can I have your e-mail? Just wondering how many of the 7000 hardtop sixes are still motorvating. Mine's going to the Palo Duro Canyon tomorrow for a meeting. studegib@sbcglobal.net

Gib

Comment

Working...
        X