This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more trivia question - heaters

Since I got such good answers about the wheels, I have another question I've sometimes wondered about. When was the first year Studebaker offered a heater in their cars?
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Gee, I didn't think this one would be so hard.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Gee, I didn't think this one would be so hard.

Comment

My books seem to indicate that '39 was the first year for the Climatizer option (heater-defroster).

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

My books seem to indicate that '39 was the first year for the Climatizer option (heater-defroster).

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I remember my dad saying the climatizer was a $76 option of the '60 Lark. Pretty expensive for a $2050 car.

Comment

I remember my dad saying the climatizer was a $76 option of the '60 Lark. Pretty expensive for a $2050 car.

Comment

AC was a $500[:0] option in 1958. (Something like that) I've seen/driven a '58 Golden Hawk that had it.

I'm not sure about heaters. Had to be pretty early though.

Comment

AC was a $500[:0] option in 1958. (Something like that) I've seen/driven a '58 Golden Hawk that had it.

I'm not sure about heaters. Had to be pretty early though.

Comment

Wow, do you really think Studebakers had no heat until 1939?? By then they already had self starters, radios, interior lights, cigarette lighters (probably), and who knows what else. If I had been an engineer back then, heat would would have been a close second to having an engine.

Comment

Wow, do you really think Studebakers had no heat until 1939?? By then they already had self starters, radios, interior lights, cigarette lighters (probably), and who knows what else. If I had been an engineer back then, heat would would have been a close second to having an engine.

Comment

Come on guys, even F--d had a heater by 1928.
                        Klif

55 Speedster
                        42 Champ Coupe
                        55 Speedster/Street Machine
                        63 Avanti R2
                        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Come on guys, even F--d had a heater by 1928.
                          Klif

55 Speedster
                          42 Champ Coupe
                          55 Speedster/Street Machine
                          63 Avanti R2
                          64 Convertible R1

Comment

1939 may have been the first year for a factory heater installation. Before that, if you wanted one, you had a universal heater installed by your dealer. Arvin was a famous brand that I've seen in lots of different cars. They were really nothing more than a small radiator core and fan in a box hanging under the dash. By the mid-30s, most had provisions for mounting flexible hoses to feed defroster outlets.
                            Skip Lackie
                            Skip Lackie

Comment

1939 may have been the first year for a factory heater installation. Before that, if you wanted one, you had a universal heater installed by your dealer. Arvin was a famous brand that I've seen in lots of different cars. They were really nothing more than a small radiator core and fan in a box hanging under the dash. By the mid-30s, most had provisions for mounting flexible hoses to feed defroster outlets.
                              Skip Lackie
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X