PDA

View Full Version : studes in NC

loc8tor
10-20-2006, 06:57 AM
I read in an earlier post someone wanted a 54 Wagon.
Soooooooooo,

Recently we went to NC to pick up a 74 Trans Am, and while we waited for the guy to get it out(another story in itself), he told us of a guy who owned a bunch of Studees. After a phone call, we had directions and made our way to the guys house. He gave us the tour and I was amazed at the number of Studebakers this guy had, and a great deal of them were wagons, and most of the wagons were 2 door wagons. The one that still sticks in my mind was the 53/54???? 2 door wagon he had, I thought how cool would that look with the 53 nose, and a pair of surf boards strapped to the roof! He didnt have any Hawks, and had very few 2 door larks, and I took pics until my digicams batteries died. Will try and find them and post them later.

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

stude53
10-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Tell me more ... I'm one of the ones looking for a 54 Wagon.

Where in NC were you when you saw it?
What directions did you fo;;ow?
Did you get an address or phone no?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

stude53
10-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Tell me more ... I'm one of the ones looking for a 54 Wagon.

Where in NC were you when you saw it?
What directions did you fo;;ow?
Did you get an address or phone no?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
53 Starliner Hardtop
Newton Grove, NC

studeclunker
10-31-2006, 02:53 AM
Drooooool slurp, oh sorry.[:p] I'm afraid that's all I can afford. Still I'd love to have a '54 wagon.[8)] Sigh.

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

studeclunker
10-31-2006, 02:53 AM
Drooooool slurp, oh sorry.[:p] I'm afraid that's all I can afford. Still I'd love to have a '54 wagon.[8)] Sigh.

Lotsa Larks!
Ron Smith

StudeDave57
10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
I need another car like a hole in my head, but there may be something worth knowing about~ please post pics, or tell if any of those wagons were '56 thru '58. Not sure of the years? Have a look here:

http://racingstudebakers.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=101

and report back, PLEASE!!!!

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

StudeDave57
10-31-2006, 07:00 PM
I need another car like a hole in my head, but there may be something worth knowing about~ please post pics, or tell if any of those wagons were '56 thru '58. Not sure of the years? Have a look here:

http://racingstudebakers.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=101

and report back, PLEASE!!!!

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

loc8tor
10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
I looked at the pics....the one is a 54 for sure. Its in dire need of a restoration. And Id have to say the other is a 56. Then there were a few Lark wagons also, but no wagonaires. I will search for the pics I took. I know I have his phone number also....somewhere.

His name is Lindsey, or Lindey, or something of the like. He is well known in his area and has even been mentioned in a few NC publications for his vast Studebaker collection

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

loc8tor
10-31-2006, 08:12 PM
I looked at the pics....the one is a 54 for sure. Its in dire need of a restoration. And Id have to say the other is a 56. Then there were a few Lark wagons also, but no wagonaires. I will search for the pics I took. I know I have his phone number also....somewhere.

His name is Lindsey, or Lindey, or something of the like. He is well known in his area and has even been mentioned in a few NC publications for his vast Studebaker collection

r1lark
10-31-2006, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

I think the name is "Robert Lindley", and the location is in or near Snow Camp NC.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

r1lark
10-31-2006, 09:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

I think the name is "Robert Lindley", and the location is in or near Snow Camp NC.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

studeclunker
10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, there's my rare '53 wagon again. They didn't make wagons in '53. So it has to be a '54. '55 is the one that's all chrome on the nose with the big V. '56 is just plain gorgeous. I have no idea what came over the company in 57 - 58. Somebody passed around the stupid pills so that they wouldn't show up Nance? Idunno.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/bugsport/HappyHalloween-1.jpg
Lotsa Larks!
Ron Smith

studeclunker
10-31-2006, 10:25 PM
Well, there's my rare '53 wagon again. They didn't make wagons in '53. So it has to be a '54. '55 is the one that's all chrome on the nose with the big V. '56 is just plain gorgeous. I have no idea what came over the company in 57 - 58. Somebody passed around the stupid pills so that they wouldn't show up Nance? Idunno.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b18/Studeclunker/bugsport/HappyHalloween-1.jpg
Lotsa Larks!
Ron Smith

StudeDave57
10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Ron- am I reading your post correctly-
are you saying you do NOT like the best looking wagons of all-THE '57s? [:0]
No harm, no foul~ I just want to be sure...

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

StudeDave57
10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Ron- am I reading your post correctly-
are you saying you do NOT like the best looking wagons of all-THE '57s? [:0]
No harm, no foul~ I just want to be sure...

StudeDave [8D]
V/P San Diego County SDC
San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
'57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
'57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
'58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
'65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'

rdmaxon
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Supposedly just down the road from me,and r1lark,is a barn full of Studebakers. I will need to just go down and knock on a couple of doors to see for myself. Richard Maxon

rdmaxon
11-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Supposedly just down the road from me,and r1lark,is a barn full of Studebakers. I will need to just go down and knock on a couple of doors to see for myself. Richard Maxon