Dead batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead batteries

I was pulling up to the curb today after coming back from Autozone with a new battery for the truck when a woman in an electric wheel chair called over to me. "I've got trouble" she said. Her battery was dead. I wondered where to put the jumper cables but she only needed an extension cord to plug in to. As it turns out she is homeless,penniless and stranded in Charleston. A dead battery was the least of her problems! She also had one leg and no crutches either. I gave her some food and money and left to do more errands. When I returned she was gone, the cord was neatly coiled on the bottom step with a note attached.... "Nice Truck! I hope she makes it.

A great story! Encounters like that can really give us perspective about how big (or small) our own problems really are. It says something good about you that you were willing to take the time to help her out. God Bless you!

1950 Champion 4 Dr.
    Holdrege NE
    John
    1950 Champion
    W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
    Holdrege NE

Comment

I know two people who have had to buy batteries this week. One was about 7 years old and the other was a little over 2.

Comment

Now why would a 2 year old need to buy a battery? You're starting those SDC'ers young.
        Rob

Comment

Working...
        X