I couldn't help myself......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn't help myself......

Like BAMS who has a soft spot for Lark's, I am starting to concentrate on the horse drawn vehicles. Several people have posted "heads up's" for me on the forum in recent weeks, including a wagon in Georgia. That one went for more than I thought it was worth, but I found a fringe topped surrey on e-Bay last week with a low reserve.

The bidding never really got going and when it stalled at $900.00 I had to weigh in. There has been a similar one on e-Bay on and off for a year that they want $4500 for (but it is in better shape).

It still has the Studebaker steps on it too....

It also comes with the pole and hookup.

I am looking into bringing it to Lancaster with the hopes we may be able to get a horse to pull it with. It joins my two buggies and the recently acquired farm wagon.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Way to go. The buggy looks very nice.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido
      I am looking into bringing it to Lancaster with the hopes we may be able to get a horse to pull it with.
      That would be cool! Just be prepared to clean up after him!!

Craig

Comment

Now THAT is pretty! [].

Looks like a TWO HP model, however. (not that I know squat about buggies OR horses)

(ask about the hot rod in the background of the first pic)

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

'37 chevy?

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

That's cool looking... just about time to ditch that old Avanti to make more room

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Like BAMS who has a soft spot for Lark's, I am starting to concentrate on the horse drawn vehicles. Several people have posted "heads up's" for me on the forum in recent weeks, including a wagon in Georgia. That one went for more than I thought it was worth, but I found a fringe topped surrey on e-Bay last week with a low reserve.

The bidding never really got going and when it stalled at $900.00 I had to weigh in. There has been a similar one on e-Bay on and off for a year that they want $4500 for (but it is in better shape).

I am looking into bringing it to Lancaster with the hopes we may be able to get a horse to pull it with. It joins my two buggies and the recently acquired farm wagon.

You are buying all these horse drawn vehicles and you don't have a horse? LoL! I have a Studebaker doctors buggy, but I also have a horse to pull it with if I wanted too. I'm just kidding you, for general information the "pole and hookup" is called a tongue and double tree, this one is set up for two horses. I also have a reach and axles from a Studebaker grain wagon we have the grain box too, but it has been separated from the chassis and placed on another non descript chassis because the wood in the Studebaker reach was in poor shape.

Comment

PLEASE don't quote entire posts and make the pictures copy repeatedly- just takes that much longer for us on dial-up to read, or re-read, a thread![}]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Sorry![}]

Comment

So then, that was an unreasonable request?? I'm wrong for wanting to read threads without long waits that are easy for contributors to limit?

If that's the case, then I'm sorry.

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I forgive you! Don't get your unmentionables in a twist, I'm just having a little fun, was hoping you weren't as uptight as I thought.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

PLEASE don't quote entire posts and make the pictures copy repeatedly- just takes that much longer for us on dial-up to read, or re-read, a thread![}]

BAMS
                        For what it's worth, I agree.
                        My personal pet-peeve is those folks with unnaturally large avatar photos...hint, they don't need to be message board size.
                        For those of us who have them....Yes, we've seen your cars and they're nice. Now, lets save some bandwidth to help out the dail-up guys and maybe save the club a few bucks on web hosting fees.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 5859

I forgive you! Don't get your unmentionables in a twist, I'm just having a little fun, was hoping you weren't as uptight as I thought.
                          Bob is anything but uptight, but you, my friend, are behaving like a jerk in this particular instance.

I have a pretty fast broadband connection, and it irritates me a bit to see pictures repeated several time throughout a thread. When you have a slow connection, superfluous pictures really slow down the page loading. I wonder if it's possible to tweak the "quote" function to exclude links?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                          Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Take it easy, take it easy. I apologize if I offended anyone. If my apology isn't enough the only thing that can help you is a box of ex-lax.

Comment

Even with my lighting fast broadband connection I too hate seeing the same pictures over and over. I have to look at them again to make sure something was not new, just a unnneeded aggravation.

JDP/Maryland
                              JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X