Uh oh....
    Before...

After

Growing up is tough...
    Matthew can tell the story..
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Let me guess, Kissed a truck with a trailer ball ??

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Comment

OUCH! 'Looks like your bumper rode under whatever it was that backed into you, Matthew, so I hope you weren't hurt if you were in the truck at the time! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

And there wasn't even a girl involved this time! Looks like I'm gonna have to take that truck back and get him a HONDA! NT

Neil Thornton
        Hazlehurst, GA
        '57 Silver Hawk
        '56 Sky Hawk
        '51 2R16 dump truck
        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

And there wasn't even a girl involved this time! Looks like I'm gonna have to take that truck back and get him a HONDA!
          Neil,

I think that something with a "cow catcher" on the front would be more appropriate. Asa Hall had several of those grille guards that his dad built. I can donate a new grille, but sold my only Scotsman hood at York a couple of years ago.

Gary

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not the Pumpkin!

Seriously, Matt, I hope you're OK. You can always fix the truck.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!
            Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

OH NO!!! What a dreadful fate for a C-Cab! I was glad to read on the Truck Forum that Matthew is OK (physically), but the damage to the "Pumpkin" looks bad from here. [xx(]

Hopefully, he can be rebuilt. In the meantime, does anyone have an F-550 for Mr. Burnette to drive? [}]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Matthew I hope you are OK. Sorry to see you had an accident.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

My dad still has an IH Scout II, needs a new body tub tho (at least they make those in fiberglass, unlike C-cab parts!) I don't think there's any fear of denting anything on that truck (anyone who's ever removed the front bumper on a Scout knows what I'm talking about)

nate

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Matthew posted this over on the Stude Truck Talk site....

the orange truck is wrecked
                    by Matthew Burnette
                    A guy in front of me, driving a late model F150 with a big hitch ball, stopped short in the highway, at maybe 30-40 MPH or so. And as you all know, Studebaker trucks have a terrible, horrible, good-for-nothing brake system on them. When he stopped, I tried, but mine wouldn't...

I'm as sick as I can be. I've already shed a few tears, and I think I may puke in a little while...

The other guy's truck has a dented up tailgate...

The Scotsman is going to sit in the yard for a while. Once I get off this job I'm working, I'm going to focus on the Daytona. Then the truck...

Every Studebaker I own from here on out, will have disc brakes. No matter what.

And the really sad thing is, there wasn't even a pretty teenage girl to look at.

Matthew

BTW, I would've posted this on the SDC Forum, but I can't get it to load.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

And here's what I posted over there but somehow it dumped my name and title:

So sorry to hear that Matthew Glad you're ok.

At least you didn't get around to putting that new hood that you got from SA yet.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Matthew is OK. and the truck is not as bad as it looks. He already has a hood and has laid claim to a grill in my stash. The fenders are fixable but the drivers side really needs to be replaced. It has been fixed twice before. It took out the radiator,and bent the fan, but no other damage is apparent. He has been demoted to a f**d Ranger. Grandma says he has to help me fix her Hawk before I'm allowed to help him with his truck or car. NT

Neil Thornton
                        Hazlehurst, GA
                        '57 Silver Hawk
                        '56 Sky Hawk
                        '51 2R16 dump truck
                        Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Man that's tough luck Matthew, but I did the same thing with my Dodge truck and it had disc brakes and anti-lock. [:0]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I'll hafta see if I can find one of the photos of Pete's calamity. It was UGLY![xx(]

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk

Matthew is OK. and the truck is not as bad as it looks. He already has a hood and has laid claim to a grill in my stash. The fenders are fixable but the drivers side really needs to be replaced. It has been fixed twice before. It took out the radiator,and bent the fan, but no other damage is apparent. He has been demoted to a f**d Ranger. Grandma says he has to help me fix her Hawk before I'm allowed to help him with his truck or car. NT

Neil Thornton
                              Hazlehurst, GA
                              Well Neil, sounds like you and the Missus have the situation well in hand!

<h5>Mark
                              '57 Transtar Deluxe
                              Vancouver Island
                              </h5>
                              Mark Hayden
                              '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X