Cold Studebaker day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Studebaker day

Darn it is cold out!! Got the Yellow Lark out and drove it around a bit to heat up the oil,then gave it the annual spring oil change and grease job.Snugged the tranny pan bolts,as usual.Then came in to warm the hands a bit.Now to head back out and fill her with 5 quarts of Rotella Dino juice. I always use a oil filter listed for a van with that motor since it is longer and will hold a bit more oil,and filter more.Maybe I am being anal,but I allways use a GM oil filter on my GM motors,and Motorcraft filters on my Fords.
    The garage I used to wrench at ,the owner firmly believed in Autolite spark plugs for Fords & Mercs, Champions for MoPars, and AC Delcos for the GMs. We never had issues with our tune ups. LOL I remember when the Bosch Platinum plugs came out,and they were the greatest thing since sliced cheese,and were being used by a discount tune up chain in town.Man the number of those we threw away!! People who never in their life flooded a car had bad flooding issues,which was also good for a couple more oil changes!
    I hope it is warmer next couple of days,since I need to give the Lark its annual Spring cleaning before our Tennessee trip.

That's like the Tundra board swears by the factory 30,000 mile Toyota spark plugs, they say Japanese spark plugs for Japanese vehicles. Nobody on there seems to like any of the FLAPS plugs.

Lee

Comment

That's like the Tundra board swears by the factory 30,000 mile Toyota spark plugs, they say Japanese spark plugs for Japanese vehicles. Nobody on there seems to like any of the FLAPS plugs.

Lee

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61hawk

Lee
        In my Studebaker, I've always used either Champion or AC. When I had my old 'daily driver' Datsuns, I always used NGK. I never
        had a problem with using oem plugs in any of my vehicles.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 61hawk

Lee
          In my Studebaker, I've always used either Champion or AC. When I had my old 'daily driver' Datsuns, I always used NGK. I never
          had a problem with using oem plugs in any of my vehicles.

Craig

Comment

Working...
          X