1963 Avanti front clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Avanti front clip

Who do you think might have a used round headlight front clip for a 1963 Avanti? I am going to try Jon Myer but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas or that they might have one that they would be willing to sell. Someone who owned my car previously changed it over to a square bezel and this is an earlier car with no rain gutters. Whatever happened to Jim Heiple's parts after his unfortunate circumstance?

Used front panels are going to be very hard to find, especially since they are not easily removable, and must be "cut" out! I would go with a new one from Studebaker International or Nostalgic Avanti.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I haven't had the need for any body parts, but they're out there?
      Good to know...
      Hopefully the new owner of the one I saw for sale will get a new front piece.
      A previous owner...a long time ago..cut a hole above the bumper and installed a Porsche 356 rear deck grille in it.

Not a complementary look...IMHO.

I've never heard that they ran that hot that additional grilles were needed.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Haven't seen a round headlight front clip for some time. As Rich suggests you can buy replacement panels that are quite good. Have used several pieces of these in the last year on a project car and they work well.
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I only wanted to go used so that I would be sure to get all the associated parts that would be needed as easily as possible. I have seen a few cars that people have had that were fire damaged or parted out but this was before I needed a front clip. As far as installing used fiberglass parts compared to new ones, I don't have any experience myself, but I find it hard to imagine that a good body shop would have any trouble doing it since the body is made up of so many pieces to start with that needed to be joined. I do know that Jim Heiple had an Avanti sitting in his yard and that is why I asked what happened to his parts.

Comment

Might check with Lee DeLaBarre in Ft Wayne, He had some Avanti's he was parting out.

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Jim passed away last year but his wife and sons are selling parts. You may want to call them and ask. They were at York last month and in Reedsville last November. They are in bedford, PA.

Comment

I appreciate the lead on Lee DeLaBarre, but he posted a thread about selling parts in the past and when I asked about a clip he returned that all of his Avantis have square bezels. Avantidon, are you telling me that Jim's family moved? He was in Somerset, PA.

Comment

I appreciate the lead on Lee DeLaBarre, but he posted a thread about selling parts in the past and when I asked about a clip he returned that all of his Avantis have square bezels. Avantidon, are you telling me that Jim's family moved? He was in Somerset, PA.

Comment

No that's my fault. They are still in the same place in Somerset. When you drive the turnpike it's all the same in that area and only about 30 miles apart. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

No that's my fault. They are still in the same place in Somerset. When you drive the turnpike it's all the same in that area and only about 30 miles apart. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Thank you! I will have to give them a try.

Comment

Thank you! I will have to give them a try.

Comment

Go on page 79 of the Studebaker Intrnational parts catalog. A front nose panel with round headlights for 349.95.. You can go to their website www.studebaker-intl.com and check the online catalog there.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Go on page 79 of the Studebaker Intrnational parts catalog. A front nose panel with round headlights for 349.95.. You can go to their website www.studebaker-intl.com and check the online catalog there.

New Jersey & Studes Perfect Together

Comment

Working...
                              X