• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Packard dealership for Bob Palma

Bob,
    Are you selling this dealership?

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

COOL BEANS, Gary...thanks!

(Actually, my Dad's two dealership buildings in Paris IL didn't even have a showroom that big! He and Uncle Milt's first building -shown in the nice photo on Page 31 of the January 2006 Turning Wheels- had room for only one car in the showroom. Their second building, when they moved to join the Studebaker dealer, barely had room for two cars in the showroom, but it was such a squeeze that it was better to have just one car in it, especially if it was a big Packard.) BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thought you would like it. And it's close to home for you.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

POP QUIZ, all: What oddity jumps out about the showroom display; something that would have been highly unlikely? (No, it's not that the showroom contains two very expensive models, although that would have been highly unlikely alright![:0]) BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

'57 G.Hawk with a '56 Packard Carribean?
          A '62 Lark lurking around outside?

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
          47 M-5
          Izzer Buggy
          Junior Wagon
          Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
          61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
          Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
          Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by STEWDI

'57 G.Hawk with a '56 Packard Carribean?
            A '62 Lark lurking around outside?

Roger "153624" Hill
            BINGO, Roger!

Highly unlikely that a dealer would have had a 1957 model and a 1956 model on the showroom floor at the same time. Not terribly uncommon today, but certainly would have been in the fifties, when last-year's models were intentionally made to look as obsolete as possible with each succeeding year.

(You know, kind of like the computer industry today....![:0]) BP

Comment

It's the Lark! or unless it was "Back to the Future" time!

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

I like the polka-dot street in front. Always wanted to drive on one. Neat wish I had thought of doing something like this this winter.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

Comment

Do I win a battery hold-down?

Roger "153624" Hill

55 Champion
                  47 M-5
                  Izzer Buggy
                  Junior Wagon
                  Roger Hill

60 Lark Vlll, hardtop, black/red, Power Kit, 3 spd. - "Juliette"
                  61 Champ Deluxe, 6, black/red, o/d, long box. - "Jeri"
                  Junior Wagon - "Junior"

"In the end, dear undertaker,
                  Ride me in a Studebaker"

Comment

it's to bad the cars don't go with it. Just the building.

Randy_G
                    1959 Lark Sedan
                    This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

Working...
                    X