Need dash liner fasteners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need dash liner fasteners

Does anyone know where to get dash liner fasteners (parts # 307029)? These are used to hold the hard tar-board to the firewall underneath the dash on Hawks and probably several other models as well. I tried SASCO yesterday and they don't have them The chassis manual says a Hawk needs 9 of them.

Also, does anyone know how to remove one of these that is already on the car without breaking them. The end of these fasteners is a scissor-like end. Thanks,

Don C.

Don,
    from inside the car, take a pair of needle nose pliers and grip the two legs by their edges. Now squeeze them with the pliers to where the legs are truly paralell. Holding that squeeze, extract them from the hole. I probably have a few used ones here if you need some.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Don,
      from inside the car, take a pair of needle nose pliers and grip the two legs by their edges. Now squeeze them with the pliers to where the legs are truly paralell. Holding that squeeze, extract them from the hole. I probably have a few used ones here if you need some.

Miscreant Studebaker nut in California's central valley.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

We're having the dash liner fasteners made and should have them in a couple of months.

Studebaker International

Comment

We're having the dash liner fasteners made and should have them in a couple of months.

Studebaker International

Comment

Hello Don,

You should be able to get the fasteners from Restoration Specialties and Supply (www.restorationspecialties.com). I believe their item number is 3886J.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
            Hummelstown, PA
            Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
            Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Hello Don,

You should be able to get the fasteners from Restoration Specialties and Supply (www.restorationspecialties.com). I believe their item number is 3886J.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
              Hummelstown, PA
              Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
              Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Thanks for all of the responses and help. Mr Biggs I would like to get a few of these from you. Can you send me your email address and I'll contact you.

Don C.

Comment

Don, just point your cursor on "Mr. Biggs" do a click and bring
                  up his profile, you will see a area on the left to send Mr. Biggs
                  an email....through the forum.

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Thanks Glen,
                    I was unaware you could do this.

Don C.

Comment

Working...
                    X