PDA

View Full Version : I am back

S_Ferrell
10-17-2006, 01:41 PM
It has been a long time since I have written, but busy trying to find a job in the poorest city in the US, Cleveland Ohio. The only thing that has kept me sane is taking Stuart, 1962 Lark Cruiser to two or three cruise-ins a year. I hang at the same cruises with the same guys, all of them Ford owners. One guy looked at a 1960 Lark and bought, God help him, a 1980 Volaire! How can someone in their right mind past up a Stude for a Volaire?

CHAMP
10-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I agree with you about being in your right mind to pass up a Studebaker for a brand X, but I might rephrase that to right Studebaker mind!:D

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

CHAMP
10-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I agree with you about being in your right mind to pass up a Studebaker for a brand X, but I might rephrase that to right Studebaker mind!:D

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Randy_G
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Welcome back to the Forum and good luck in finding a job!

Randy_G
1959 Lark (project)
www.automotivehistoryonline.com

Randy_G
10-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Welcome back to the Forum and good luck in finding a job!

Randy_G
1959 Lark (project)
www.automotivehistoryonline.com

S_Ferrell
10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Thank you. I do have some prospects with Progressive Insurance, so wish me luck. I need to correct that I attend three cruise-ins a week, not a year.

S_Ferrell
10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Thank you. I do have some prospects with Progressive Insurance, so wish me luck. I need to correct that I attend three cruise-ins a week, not a year.

studeclunker
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Good luck and God bless on the job hunt. I know what you're going through. At least you have the fellowship of your friends.

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

studeclunker
10-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Good luck and God bless on the job hunt. I know what you're going through. At least you have the fellowship of your friends.

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

S_Ferrell
10-25-2006, 11:57 AM
It is true that I have always been blessed with a strong circle of friends to pull me through. I had the interview at Progressive and it went very well. I should hear either way by next week, I will keep you up to date.

S_Ferrell
10-25-2006, 11:57 AM
It is true that I have always been blessed with a strong circle of friends to pull me through. I had the interview at Progressive and it went very well. I should hear either way by next week, I will keep you up to date.

S_Ferrell
11-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I have a job!!!, Alert CNN!. After 22 months of looking, I have a job with a new insurance company, Member Care Inc. I will be an account manager starting next week. Progressive told me to drop dead. Actually, I feel that they feel I was too old. They kept asking me when I graduated high school and one complmented me on my gray hair. Its not important, what is important is that I will be part of the working world again. I will be able to get the trunk lock fixed on Stuart and the PS replaced. Thanks all for all your good wishes.

S_Ferrell
11-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I have a job!!!, Alert CNN!. After 22 months of looking, I have a job with a new insurance company, Member Care Inc. I will be an account manager starting next week. Progressive told me to drop dead. Actually, I feel that they feel I was too old. They kept asking me when I graduated high school and one complmented me on my gray hair. Its not important, what is important is that I will be part of the working world again. I will be able to get the trunk lock fixed on Stuart and the PS replaced. Thanks all for all your good wishes.

tomnoller
11-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Congratulations, Scott! I know how good that makes you feel. I hope you enjoy working there and they appreciate you.

Western Washington, USA

tomnoller
11-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Congratulations, Scott! I know how good that makes you feel. I hope you enjoy working there and they appreciate you.

Western Washington, USA

Roscomacaw
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Good deal, Scott! Hope your position there is one you can enjoy. That means almost as much as a paycheck. Either way, Stuart will be appreciative, for sure!:D

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/studebob/Trstrsside.jpg

Roscomacaw
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Good deal, Scott! Hope your position there is one you can enjoy. That means almost as much as a paycheck. Either way, Stuart will be appreciative, for sure!:D

Miscreant adrift in
the BerStuda Triangle!!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m111/studebob/Trstrsside.jpg