which hole in bell crank for sealed carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which hole in bell crank for sealed carb

Got the r2 engine in the 59 ht ,when hooking up throttle linkage I am at a lose for proper gas pedal travel. My bell crank has three holes in it

, the first hole closest to the carb gives very little travel, middle hole alittle better,the last hole seems best ,but previous threads I searh said use the further one out .
    The return springs? A picture I found has the bell crank spring going to a spark plug wire holder(on the valve cover)

,Which is not on my valve covers(covers are two stud avanti ones) Do I weld a tab ,screw a tab or go somewhere else?The front spring can"t go staight to the tab on the thermo housing because the kicker is in the line of travel. Can I use one of the screws on the supercharge to hold the tab or is this a bad idea?
    My gas pedal to bell crank rod is arched from end to end the picture in the parts catalog is straight to a angle then straight to the ball is mine bent or just diferent for 59.

The reason I am asking this is it keeps pulling the rubber boot out.
    Thanks ,JOE

1959 HARDTOP R2 clone
    1960 conv
    SDC member since 1972
    1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
    1960 conv R2 auto
    SDC member since 1972
    http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/59r2/DSC01514-3.jpg

I thought the throttle bellcrank only had two holes, but mine is in the one that is closest to the carb. Linkage to the carb connects with the little nut on top. The return spring tab should be under the front intake manifold bolt. The spring to the bellcrank should have a tab on the valve cover otherwise I guess I'd put a tab under a valve cover bolt. The rod to the gas pedal is bent I think, maybe you have it in upside down?

Tim K.
    '64 R2 GT Hawk
    Tim K.
    \'64 R2 GT Hawk

Comment

Did you try to screw in your adjustment threads and use the hole nearest the carb? The hole furthest from the pivot will move the most. I would also try to get a spring loaded throttle link. That way when you floor it you wont break your gas padal rubber socket.

Dan Giblin
      Cincinnati, OH
      Dan Giblin
      Cincinnati, OH

Comment

OT question: What is that blower from? I don't recognize the driver's side intake?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Working...
        X