1966 STUDEBAKER AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 STUDEBAKER AD

I didn't realize they were this cheap. I priced one in December 64 and it was more than this. I found out it was a Chevybaker and we went down a bought a 1965 Mustang. If you guys get tired of these ads let me know. I have a bunch.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

I know that MSRP is not the actual sales price, but you may be further surprised to learn that $2,215 was not significantly less than some of the probable competitors to the '66 Stude. The MSRP for a Chevy II V8 Super Sport was $2,430, add the V8 to the Stude and you are pretty close to even. Not a direct competitor, VW Beetles were just under $1,700.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
    Packrat junk collector
    '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

I know that MSRP is not the actual sales price, but you may be further surprised to learn that $2,215 was not significantly less than some of the probable competitors to the '66 Stude. The MSRP for a Chevy II V8 Super Sport was $2,430, add the V8 to the Stude and you are pretty close to even. Not a direct competitor, VW Beetles were just under $1,700.

Thomas

Long time hot rodder
      Packrat junk collector
      '63 Avanti R2 4 speed

Comment

As I understand it, they did drop the price by about $20 in January '66. Obviously, it didn't help. But at least they were doing something.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

As I understand it, they did drop the price by about $20 in January '66. Obviously, it didn't help. But at least they were doing something.

Comment

I'm not tired of seeing these pictures, I doubt anyone else is either.

Randy_G
            1959 Lark Sedan
            This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

I'm not tired of seeing these pictures, I doubt anyone else is either.

Randy_G
              1959 Lark Sedan
              This website is for sale! automotivehistoryonline.com is your first and best source for information about automotivehistoryonline. Here you will also find topics relating to issues of general interest. We hope you find what you are looking for!

Comment

This ad has raised a couple of questions that hope someone can answer. Did the factory ever offer a 4-speed with the 283? Did they ever have any type of performance package available for the '65 & '66 models?

Comment

This ad has raised a couple of questions that hope someone can answer. Did the factory ever offer a 4-speed with the 283? Did they ever have any type of performance package available for the '65 & '66 models?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by wpsrea

4-Speed: NO
                    Power-Pack: NO
                    Heavy Duty Suspension: YES
                    Twin Traction: YES
                    Transistor Ignition: YES
                    Taxi Package: YES (included floor-shift manual transmission)
                    Heavy-Duty Rear Axle: YES; six-cylinder only (std, V-8s)

BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

4-Speed: NO
                      Power-Pack: NO
                      Heavy Duty Suspension: YES
                      Twin Traction: YES
                      Transistor Ignition: YES
                      Taxi Package: YES (included floor-shift manual transmission)
                      Heavy-Duty Rear Axle: YES; six-cylinder only (std, V-8s)

BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks, Bob. What was included in the HD suspension? Upgraded brakes?

Comment

Comment

No upgraded brakes, unless you ordered the optional disc and power brakes for $95.18... and that would have been independent of the HD suspension package.

The HD Suspension included only heavy-duty springs and shocks, front and rear. The package cost $20.91.

Those are 1966 prices from the 1966 Advertised Delivered Prices folder dated 12/65. BP

Comment

No upgraded brakes, unless you ordered the optional disc and power brakes for $95.18... and that would have been independent of the HD suspension package.

The HD Suspension included only heavy-duty springs and shocks, front and rear. The package cost $20.91.

Those are 1966 prices from the 1966 Advertised Delivered Prices folder dated 12/65. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X