Raymond Loewy designed THIS????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond Loewy designed THIS????

Bought the Jack Benny 4 DVD set in the $5 bin in Wally World. Was watching the first DVD, with Vincent Price and Irene Dunn as his guests. When what to my woncering eyes should appear but....Dorothy Collins telling the world that Raymond Loewy designed this Christmas carton of Luckys.

As Jack Benny would say--"Wellllll!"

John

Sounds like a "Stove Hugger" topic. [}]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Sounds like a "Stove Hugger" topic. [}]

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      3E-6/7-122
      </h5>
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Oh, Rochester.........!

Comment

Oh, Rochester.........!

Comment

Yah, it is my understanding that Loewy's company added style to all sorts of consumer products with their designs. I'm sitting here, wondering just how much an unopened carton of those Lucky's would go for on EBay, if more than one person wanted it....

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

Yah, it is my understanding that Loewy's company added style to all sorts of consumer products with their designs. I'm sitting here, wondering just how much an unopened carton of those Lucky's would go for on EBay, if more than one person wanted it....

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

Reckon you know that, in addition to the Lucky logo, Loewy designed the Coca-Cola bottle.

RD in TN
                60 Hawk
                Black on red, of course

Comment

Reckon you know that, in addition to the Lucky logo, Loewy designed the Coca-Cola bottle.

RD in TN
                  60 Hawk
                  Black on red, of course

Comment

I'm sorry but, when I have my fedora on, I'm a "Chesterfield Man"! Smoke'em if you got'em!

Steve

Comment

I'm sorry but, when I have my fedora on, I'm a "Chesterfield Man"! Smoke'em if you got'em!

Steve

Comment

quote:Yah, it is my understanding that Loewy's company added style to all sorts of consumer products with their designs. I'm sitting here, wondering just how much an unopened carton of those Lucky's would go for on EBay, if more than one person wanted it....
                        I don't know what that carton of Lucky's would go for, but I bought a unopened pack of Lark cigarettes on eBay for $4.00.

I bought them for the Lark name and also because my sister smoked Larks for about 10 years. In fact she flicked one out of the window of our 61 Lark and it flew into the open rear window and burned the back seat up! [:0]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Yah, it is my understanding that Loewy's company added style to all sorts of consumer products with their designs. I'm sitting here, wondering just how much an unopened carton of those Lucky's would go for on EBay, if more than one person wanted it....
                          I don't know what that carton of Lucky's would go for, but I bought a unopened pack of Lark cigarettes on eBay for $4.00.

I bought them for the Lark name and also because my sister smoked Larks for about 10 years. In fact she flicked one out of the window of our 61 Lark and it flew into the open rear window and burned the back seat up! [:0]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by RDinTN

RD in TN
                            60 Hawk
                            Black on red, of course
                            And the Electrolux vacuum cleaner. And the interior of Kennedy's Air Force One. And the first "streamliner" locomotive. And the Exxon logo. And the interior of the Concorde SST. And the Farmall tractors of the 30's and 40's. And Scenicruiser Greyhound Bus. And the modern "Shell Oil" logo. And the interior of Skylab. And a whole range of both Frigidaire and Sears "major appliances."

The list goes on and on.

But I wonder how many of these were actually designed by Loewy himself?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by RDinTN

RD in TN
                              60 Hawk
                              Black on red, of course
                              And the Electrolux vacuum cleaner. And the interior of Kennedy's Air Force One. And the first "streamliner" locomotive. And the Exxon logo. And the interior of the Concorde SST. And the Farmall tractors of the 30's and 40's. And Scenicruiser Greyhound Bus. And the modern "Shell Oil" logo. And the interior of Skylab. And a whole range of both Frigidaire and Sears "major appliances."

The list goes on and on.

But I wonder how many of these were actually designed by Loewy himself?

Comment

Working...
                              X