4-spd. GT from known seller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-spd. GT from known seller

This is listed by Bob Peterson; a great guy! It's not his, but he has/had possession of it, and if he tells me something I feel I can believe him. He's also the type that is open to questions if you call.

I find I can almost always get an accurate feel for someone by talking to them on the phone; even better when I meet them in person. Having met with and talked to Bob a few times now, I'd feel very comfortable with his opinions on a vehicle.

So if you're interested in one of these, here it is; I can't imagine why it's currently so cheap:

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Looks crunchy to me.

quote:Originally posted by bams50

So if you're interested in one of these, here it is; I can't imagine why it's currently so cheap:
    Mark Anderson
    Member SDC and FMCA
    Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
    Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Looks crunchy to me.

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Mark Anderson
      Member SDC and FMCA
      Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
      Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

Crunchy as in rust or crunchy good??

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
        "In the heart of Arkansas."
        Searcy, Arkansas
        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
        1952 2R pickup

Comment

Crunchy as in rust or crunchy good??

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona. Searcy,Arkansas
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

I saw this car a couple of weeks ago when I was in California and dropped in on Bob. It is exactly as he describes it. It's a good driver as is, and 4 speed 63's are relatively rare. The downsides are the fiberglass front fenders and the small amount of rust in the floors. It does need a complete cosmetic restoration...and probable deserves it. Bob wanted to know how much I thought it was worth. I told him I might be able to get $5k for it if it was cleaned up and presented well. He thought that was high. His reserve is probably less than that.

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

I saw this car a couple of weeks ago when I was in California and dropped in on Bob. It is exactly as he describes it. It's a good driver as is, and 4 speed 63's are relatively rare. The downsides are the fiberglass front fenders and the small amount of rust in the floors. It does need a complete cosmetic restoration...and probable deserves it. Bob wanted to know how much I thought it was worth. I told him I might be able to get $5k for it if it was cleaned up and presented well. He thought that was high. His reserve is probably less than that.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

What really irritates me is that some people want a good price for a car but put in CRUMMY pix. Too small, too distant, no details. This may be a wonderful car but if it is...WHY NOT SHOW IT?

JP really has the right idea. A few GOOD pix on the auction then ZILLIONS of pix on his site. Is there a law that says HE is the only one who can do it? Hmmmmm?

John

Comment

What really irritates me is that some people want a good price for a car but put in CRUMMY pix. Too small, too distant, no details. This may be a wonderful car but if it is...WHY NOT SHOW IT?

JP really has the right idea. A few GOOD pix on the auction then ZILLIONS of pix on his site. Is there a law that says HE is the only one who can do it? Hmmmmm?

John

Comment

There is no such law, but I would not mind one.

JDP/Maryland
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                    63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

There is no such law, but I would not mind one.

JDP/Maryland
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                      63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

Not everyone has EXACTLY the same skill set. Bob Peterson is a good friend of mine. I KNOW he is doing his best to present that car. Yep, it doesn't look like one of JDP's listings. Shame on Bob. If that actually "irritates" you, don't bid. If you are truly interested in a 4 speed '63 Hawk, drop Bob an email or pick up the phone and talk to him (I'll give you his number). I am sure he will take additional pictures of anything you want and answer any of your questions honestly.

The good thing about a listing like this is that it doesn't get the attention that a more "glitzy" one does (I include my listings as being "glitzy"). Not as many bidders. Usually more of a bargain.

Again, if you are looking for a 4 speed '63 Hawk, you should probably follow up on this one. It may be the one...or it may not. You'll never know, however, if the less than stellar pictures "irritate" you to the point of irrationality.

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Johnnywiffer

Not everyone has EXACTLY the same skill set. Bob Peterson is a good friend of mine. I KNOW he is doing his best to present that car. Yep, it doesn't look like one of JDP's listings. Shame on Bob. If that actually "irritates" you, don't bid. If you are truly interested in a 4 speed '63 Hawk, drop Bob an email or pick up the phone and talk to him (I'll give you his number). I am sure he will take additional pictures of anything you want and answer any of your questions honestly.

The good thing about a listing like this is that it doesn't get the attention that a more "glitzy" one does (I include my listings as being "glitzy"). Not as many bidders. Usually more of a bargain.

Again, if you are looking for a 4 speed '63 Hawk, you should probably follow up on this one. It may be the one...or it may not. You'll never know, however, if the less than stellar pictures "irritate" you to the point of irrationality.

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Maybe the listing and pics could be better. That's why I put this post up, to let anyone interested know that this is a good seller. Bob isn't a computer or photography expert, but he IS an honest, highly knowledgeable older Stude guy. Sometimes a seller will give his honest description or opinion, but due to lack of knowledge or experience will inadvertently mislead a buyer; no fear of that here!

Personally, knowing Bob, if I was interested I could call and ask what I want to know and be done with it, because I'd know that when it rolled off the truck in my yard it would be just as he said, and better!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                            Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Maybe the listing and pics could be better. That's why I put this post up, to let anyone interested know that this is a good seller. Bob isn't a computer or photography expert, but he IS an honest, highly knowledgeable older Stude guy. Sometimes a seller will give his honest description or opinion, but due to lack of knowledge or experience will inadvertently mislead a buyer; no fear of that here!

Personally, knowing Bob, if I was interested I could call and ask what I want to know and be done with it, because I'd know that when it rolled off the truck in my yard it would be just as he said, and better!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X