Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rims

Hi Everyone, I remember seeing a couple of people posting about some seriouslly rare mags for Stude's. As I recall they were damaged or something along those lines and there were some fears about repairing them or refinishing them. I am going into the mobile wheel repair business and would be glad to help out in any way I can either by helping you out directly if you are local to central Florida or directing you to one of the other franchisee's if you are somewhere else. I have access to information about properly repairing odd and rare wheels, so it might be an option. But please, if you find a set of these and you are thinking they can automatically be fixed, get with me first. I would hate to find out after you spent hard earned money that they were something that we did not have the technology to repair. We primarily focus on Alloy Wheel Repair for damaged and bent rims, but this is just my offer to help if I can.

Shawn

Former owner/owner with Dad:
    58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    92 Range Rover (for sale)
    99 BMW 323I
    and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Shawn, we'll need to get together for lunch. Nothing like being feed by your local independent insurance appraiser . As for those hard to find wheels, they are magnesium and will burn forever if they catch. This is why they are extremely hard, if not impossible to repair. Damaged ones usually make for a great, week long bonfire .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Shawn, we'll need to get together for lunch. Nothing like being feed by your local independent insurance appraiser . As for those hard to find wheels, they are magnesium and will burn forever if they catch. This is why they are extremely hard, if not impossible to repair. Damaged ones usually make for a great, week long bonfire .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

You got that right Tom! We used to have bonfires at our biggest race weekends at Oswego and Syracuse. We'd kick it into high gear by throwing a Volkswagen engine on there; sometimes with a car still attatched[)] That super-white fire was a kick, but the track management would always freak out and call the fire department. Even more fun than the fire was watching the fire department try to douse it by pouring water on it Eventually it would burn till the town came with a truck full of sand to dump on it...

We learned it because in the 60s and early 70s Oswego Speedway ran discarded Indy cars in their Supermodified class. They'd put Chevy engines in 'em and run them as they ran Indy, or radically modified, or somewhere in between. The magnesium came from the Indy wheels, which weren't worth much at the time; so they were wrecked and discarded. At Oswego, alcohol has been the fuel of choice for decades; so sometimes there are fiery crashes[:0] That's where we learned about burning magnesium[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

You got that right Tom! We used to have bonfires at our biggest race weekends at Oswego and Syracuse. We'd kick it into high gear by throwing a Volkswagen engine on there; sometimes with a car still attatched[)] That super-white fire was a kick, but the track management would always freak out and call the fire department. Even more fun than the fire was watching the fire department try to douse it by pouring water on it Eventually it would burn till the town came with a truck full of sand to dump on it...

We learned it because in the 60s and early 70s Oswego Speedway ran discarded Indy cars in their Supermodified class. They'd put Chevy engines in 'em and run them as they ran Indy, or radically modified, or somewhere in between. The magnesium came from the Indy wheels, which weren't worth much at the time; so they were wrecked and discarded. At Oswego, alcohol has been the fuel of choice for decades; so sometimes there are fiery crashes[:0] That's where we learned about burning magnesium[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

A couple guys would camp out at Road Atlanta in the early '90's when the SCCA Runoffs were there. They would bring a magnesium wheel and light at the begining of the week and put it out (buried it) at the end of the week. Very entertaining in the evenings.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

A couple guys would camp out at Road Atlanta in the early '90's when the SCCA Runoffs were there. They would bring a magnesium wheel and light at the begining of the week and put it out (buried it) at the end of the week. Very entertaining in the evenings.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Working...
              X