No announcement yet.

Attention knowledgable Studebakers!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention knowledgable Studebakers!!!!

i heard this site is great and people here are wounderful. so i have a quick question for those that dont mind helping a little. there is a 1959 studebaker V8 4-Door sudan all original everything is pretty solid and it runs great. the interior need a little work but all is there. now my question is what would be a good price to pay for something like this. i really like this car cause it is not somthing you see every day! but at the same time i dont want to over pay for my lack of knowledge on this car and i definatly dont want to insult the car and owner by offer something so low! Is this Even a good year and engine for the studebaker or should i look into another year? thank you for your help and look forward for the help and speaking agian soon!!!

i am having a little trouble importing the pic is there a certain way to do it?
    [img][/img]
    andrena

Welcome to the forum, Andrena - can you provide some pictures for us?
    That would make answering your question much easier!

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Andrena - can you provide some pictures for us?
      That would make answering your question much easier!

Chris Pile
      StudeFolk Manager
      Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Hard to pinpoint without pictures, but in typically in the $1000 to $2000 for the average, decent 4 door. As with all collectible cars, the four door's are at the bottom of the value curve. Having said that, they are as mice a driver as the more desirable models. The pictures could raise or lower my estimate.

JDP/Maryland
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
        63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Hard to pinpoint without pictures, but in typically in the $1000 to $2000 for the average, decent 4 door. As with all collectible cars, the four door's are at the bottom of the value curve. Having said that, they are as mice a driver as the more desirable models. The pictures could raise or lower my estimate.

JDP/Maryland
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
          63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

My 2 cents worth would be that the closer to $1000, the better. Below that if you can manage it. The 4 doors simply do not bring a lot of cash in resale. Don't get too deep in it financially cuz you'll never get it back. If its a driver the way it is, just buy it as-is and drive the wheels off it. Keep your eye out for a model you really like, then even if the new car does not run, you can transplant the entire engine, transmission, rearend, even suspension and brakes to the new car. It could be a cheap way to get into a nicer 2 door model while having fun driving the 4 door while you look. Like I said, it's only 2 cents worth, so what did you expect?
            sals54

Comment

My 2 cents worth would be that the closer to $1000, the better. Below that if you can manage it. The 4 doors simply do not bring a lot of cash in resale. Don't get too deep in it financially cuz you'll never get it back. If its a driver the way it is, just buy it as-is and drive the wheels off it. Keep your eye out for a model you really like, then even if the new car does not run, you can transplant the entire engine, transmission, rearend, even suspension and brakes to the new car. It could be a cheap way to get into a nicer 2 door model while having fun driving the 4 door while you look. Like I said, it's only 2 cents worth, so what did you expect?
              sals54

Comment

For a really nice one,I might go a little higher,only because I sold mine and wish I still had it. But more than $2500? -I'd look for a 2 door simply for the better 'investment' value.
                Also, I'm biased because the 59-60 are my favorite Larks!! Must see pics [EVERYTHING original doesn't really tell us much]..
                The most important areas to look at are underneath,frame,floor,and trunk floor,and under the hood.

Oglesby,Il
                61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

For a really nice one,I might go a little higher,only because I sold mine and wish I still had it. But more than $2500? -I'd look for a 2 door simply for the better 'investment' value.
                  Also, I'm biased because the 59-60 are my favorite Larks!! Must see pics [EVERYTHING original doesn't really tell us much]..
                  The most important areas to look at are underneath,frame,floor,and trunk floor,and under the hood.

Oglesby,Il
                  61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
                  Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I think there was a discussion of this year and model of Lark on another thread somewhere. That said I think this is a fabulous year and model of Studebaker. The V-8 is certainly a plus. I would not worry about it being a four door, as the '59-'60 years are small enough that this does not detract from its looks. What transmission does the car have? If a three speed, does it have overdrive and does it work?

The price range mentioned here is about right from what I can tell, but if it is better than average in condition your price would naturally increase accordingly.

I wish you luck with this wonderful automobile. Lots of folks here willing to help.

Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

I think there was a discussion of this year and model of Lark on another thread somewhere. That said I think this is a fabulous year and model of Studebaker. The V-8 is certainly a plus. I would not worry about it being a four door, as the '59-'60 years are small enough that this does not detract from its looks. What transmission does the car have? If a three speed, does it have overdrive and does it work?

The price range mentioned here is about right from what I can tell, but if it is better than average in condition your price would naturally increase accordingly.

I wish you luck with this wonderful automobile. Lots of folks here willing to help.

Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser

Comment

thank you guys so much for your help. i am going to take pics of it here in a bit and i will be back to post them here, agian thank it is truly appricated!!

andrena

Comment

thank you guys so much for your help. i am going to take pics of it here in a bit and i will be back to post them here, agian thank it is truly appricated!!

andrena

Comment

I found that the 2 door 60 I had was not easy to carry groceries in , hard to get them in and out of either the trunk or the back seat. But the 4 door is a heavier, less desirable car.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
                            Tom Bredehoft
                            '53 Commander Coupe
                            '55 President State Sedan
                            (Under Construction) 136 hrs.
                            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                            All Indiana built cars

Comment

I found that the 2 door 60 I had was not easy to carry groceries in , hard to get them in and out of either the trunk or the back seat. But the 4 door is a heavier, less desirable car.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
                              Tom Bredehoft
                              '53 Commander Coupe
                              '55 President State Sedan
                              (Under Construction) 136 hrs.
                              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                              All Indiana built cars

Comment

Working...
                              X