Avanti bumper plating cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti bumper plating cost

I haven't had any bumpers plated in a couple years. What should I expect to pay to get a full set of Avanti bumpers plated from a regular (if they exist anymore) bumper shop.

The front three, figure around $500-600, the rear and guards, about the same.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

The front three, figure around $500-600, the rear and guards, about the same.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
      63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Check out Mr. Chrome in CA. Cost for a complete (4 pieces) '66 Cadillac bumper was quoted to me as $500 plus shipping. I'd think those little skinny bumpers should be no more than $150 ea. There number is 888-923-5899.

Now for the dieclaimer. I have not seen the finished product. I'll be called when the parts return so that I can see the results. As the car is in for a complete makeover, it could be 6-8 weeks before I see the finished product. I was advised typical turn around is 7-10 days once received.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Check out Mr. Chrome in CA. Cost for a complete (4 pieces) '66 Cadillac bumper was quoted to me as $500 plus shipping. I'd think those little skinny bumpers should be no more than $150 ea. There number is 888-923-5899.

Now for the dieclaimer. I have not seen the finished product. I'll be called when the parts return so that I can see the results. As the car is in for a complete makeover, it could be 6-8 weeks before I see the finished product. I was advised typical turn around is 7-10 days once received.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Tom
            I suspect John is pretty close to the norm on price but there always seems to be a lot of latitude in prices and quite often the higher the price isn't reflected in better quality.
            I'll give those guys a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

Tom
              I suspect John is pretty close to the norm on price but there always seems to be a lot of latitude in prices and quite often the higher the price isn't reflected in better quality.
              I'll give those guys a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

This would be true. Keystone, a well known supplier of aftermarket collision parts, also rechromes bumpers. The quality isn't the greatest. Their cost on that Cadiilac was over $1200. Turn around time was 13-15 weeks. If the Caddy bumper looks good, I'll probably sent out my bumpers to Mr. Chrome myself.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

This would be true. Keystone, a well known supplier of aftermarket collision parts, also rechromes bumpers. The quality isn't the greatest. Their cost on that Cadiilac was over $1200. Turn around time was 13-15 weeks. If the Caddy bumper looks good, I'll probably sent out my bumpers to Mr. Chrome myself.

Tom - Mulberry, FL

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Chsck with Jerry Forrester In Georgia. He is a forum member and a heck of a nice guy. NT

Neil Thornton
                    Hazlehurst, GA
                    '57 Silver Hawk
                    '56 Sky Hawk
                    '51 2R16 dump truck
                    Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Chsck with Jerry Forrester In Georgia. He is a forum member and a heck of a nice guy. NT

Neil Thornton
                      Hazlehurst, GA
                      '57 Silver Hawk
                      '56 Sky Hawk
                      '51 2R16 dump truck
                      Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Avanti bars are easy to screw up by a cheap plater. You'll often get grind marks and waves on the very flat top surfaces from small hand held grinders. When we made them at Rockwell bumper division, they uses a 4 foot belt in a jig.

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,839.60
                        63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                        63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Avanti bars are easy to screw up by a cheap plater. You'll often get grind marks and waves on the very flat top surfaces from small hand held grinders. When we made them at Rockwell bumper division, they uses a 4 foot belt in a jig.

JDP/Maryland
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,839.60
                          63 Daytona HT/4 speed
                          63 Lark 2 door

JDP Maryland

Comment

Had front ends, center piece and rear bumber done in show quality chrome with lifetime gaurantee and the price was $1,000.00. Has John has said these pieces are very easy to screw up. Good shops do them right. Plan on waiting for awhile and don't be in a hurry to get them back. Checked with LaBrandi in Harrisburg PA on some other pieces the other day and since they are small the wait is a minimum of 12 weeks. The larger stuff is longer.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Had front ends, center piece and rear bumber done in show quality chrome with lifetime gaurantee and the price was $1,000.00. Has John has said these pieces are very easy to screw up. Good shops do them right. Plan on waiting for awhile and don't be in a hurry to get them back. Checked with LaBrandi in Harrisburg PA on some other pieces the other day and since they are small the wait is a minimum of 12 weeks. The larger stuff is longer.
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X