1926 Studebaker Super six

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1926 Studebaker Super six

Hello everyone! My name is Alan Scott and I'm a brand new member to the Studebaker club. I have been tasked with rebuilding our 1926 Studebaker/ Bickle fire truck. The "Stud" is in decent shape but needs some TLC.

I am hoping to float the Stud to the Ontario Chapter swap meet in April to pick some Studebaker owners brains.

I have also done a complete history on this truck and I think I know pretty much everything there is to know about it's history.

Welcome aboard! I have 2 Studebaker fire trucks, a '46 M-16 and a '49 2R17A.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Welcome aboard! I have 2 Studebaker fire trucks, a '46 M-16 and a '49 2R17A.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My knowledge of Studebakers is basic to say the least. But I love this old fire truck and I'm will to do what ever it takes to get it fixed up.

I received one quote for 80 to 100 thousand dollars to fix it to original specs.

That's not going to happen unless I get a large government grant.

I do not have any pictures of the Stud on this computer they are all on my work computer. I will gladly add some photos tomorrow when I return to work.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My knowledge of Studebakers is basic to say the least. But I love this old fire truck and I'm will to do what ever it takes to get it fixed up.

I received one quote for 80 to 100 thousand dollars to fix it to original specs.

That's not going to happen unless I get a large government grant.

I do not have any pictures of the Stud on this computer they are all on my work computer. I will gladly add some photos tomorrow when I return to work.

Comment

Alan,
            We need pictures!!

Claude Chmielewski
            Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
            47 M-16 Truck
            62 GT Hawk
            63 Lark
            64 Commander Wagonaire
            50 Champion Regal (parts car)
            [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
            "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
            communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
            honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
            matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
            much in fashion anymore."
            1936 Dictator
            1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
            1953 Commander Regal HT
            1953 2R5 Pickup
            1947 M16 Truck
            1960 Lark VIII Convertible
            1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
            1962 Champ 7E5 no box
            1962 GT Hawk
            1963 Lark VI 4 dr
            1963 GT Hawk R2
            1964 Daytona Convertible
            1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Alan,
              We need pictures!!

Claude Chmielewski
              Studeski

Fillmore, Wisconsin
              47 M-16 Truck
              62 GT Hawk
              63 Lark
              64 Commander Wagonaire
              50 Champion Regal (parts car)
              [img=left]http://www.studeski.com/62hawk/dakota01.jpg[/img=left]
              "One after another they volunteered how in their families and in their
              communities they were expected to be responsible for their behavior, how
              honesty was assumed to be the rule, not the exception. They also talked
              matter-of-factly about the sense of duty to their country, a sentiment not
              much in fashion anymore."
              1936 Dictator
              1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
              1953 Commander Regal HT
              1953 2R5 Pickup
              1947 M16 Truck
              1960 Lark VIII Convertible
              1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
              1962 Champ 7E5 no box
              1962 GT Hawk
              1963 Lark VI 4 dr
              1963 GT Hawk R2
              1964 Daytona Convertible
              1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

I was talking to the last member of my volunteer fire service who drove the Stud last summer for his wedding. I know the motor has some issues but I'm not sure how big they are.

He tells me that he was driving the Stud back to the hall when he heard some noises from the top of the motor. Then a loud bang and motor noise from the top end of the motor.

I was told that the 1926 Studebaker motor was pretty much bullet proof!!!!( I sure hope so!!!!)

Comment

I was talking to the last member of my volunteer fire service who drove the Stud last summer for his wedding. I know the motor has some issues but I'm not sure how big they are.

He tells me that he was driving the Stud back to the hall when he heard some noises from the top of the motor. Then a loud bang and motor noise from the top end of the motor.

I was told that the 1926 Studebaker motor was pretty much bullet proof!!!!( I sure hope so!!!!)

Comment

Alan--

Wow, that rocks! I was already planning to make it to the Badenock meet--it will, with a little luck, be where I "debut" my '62 Lark--but this sort of post clinches it, I'll be there even if I have to arrive at the wheel of my '97 Plymouth instead of the Lark.

Do you think the fire truck might make the SDC zone meet in July in St.Kitts??

Looking forward to seeing your pix of this extraordinary truck.

Cheers

Steve T (Hamilton ON)

Comment

Alan--

Wow, that rocks! I was already planning to make it to the Badenock meet--it will, with a little luck, be where I "debut" my '62 Lark--but this sort of post clinches it, I'll be there even if I have to arrive at the wheel of my '97 Plymouth instead of the Lark.

Do you think the fire truck might make the SDC zone meet in July in St.Kitts??

Looking forward to seeing your pix of this extraordinary truck.

Cheers

Steve T (Hamilton ON)

Comment

Alan,
                        You won't be able to post pictures directly from your computer. You will need to post them to a photo web site, like Photobucket.com then insert the photo URL, using the insert photo icon that appears in the Format section of your post.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Alan,
                          You won't be able to post pictures directly from your computer. You will need to post them to a photo web site, like Photobucket.com then insert the photo URL, using the insert photo icon that appears in the Format section of your post.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Hey Steve;

I hope to make the first meet in April and find some Studebaker people who can help me with this project. If all goes well I love to see the project start right away.

If I can make it to St Kitts I will, my little sister lives near Welland so I can crash at her place.

Comment

Hey Steve;

I hope to make the first meet in April and find some Studebaker people who can help me with this project. If all goes well I love to see the project start right away.

If I can make it to St Kitts I will, my little sister lives near Welland so I can crash at her place.

Comment

Working...
                              X