Old Studebaker photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Studebaker photos

I found these through the Library of Congress. It is stated that there are no known restrictions on use so I'm using them. Can anybody identify the cars?

"Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

I can't say that I can identify these, but pictures like this always make my day! Thanks for posting them!

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

I can't say that I can identify these, but pictures like this always make my day! Thanks for posting them!

She may have bugs and she may have dings, but that just proves I drive this thing!!

Comment

Neat photos! The first car is a Garford probably c1906 to '08 model E. The second photo is a 1922-24 Big Six Speedster (model EK). It differed from the standard Big Six by its side mounted spare tires and trunk, both standard equipment. It was also had a five passenger capacity vs. seven for the regular tourings.

Richard Quinn
        editor: Antique Studebaker Review
        Richard Quinn
        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Neat photos! The first car is a Garford probably c1906 to '08 model E. The second photo is a 1922-24 Big Six Speedster (model EK). It differed from the standard Big Six by its side mounted spare tires and trunk, both standard equipment. It was also had a five passenger capacity vs. seven for the regular tourings.

Richard Quinn
          editor: Antique Studebaker Review
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Richard,
            What do you make of the license plate on the Garford? MFRS CAR?
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Richard,
              What do you make of the license plate on the Garford? MFRS CAR?
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:What do you make of the license plate on the Garford? MFRS CAR?
                I'm no Richard Quinn, but you can see an apostrophe after the 'R', so I'll say it's "Manufacturer's Car"; belonging to Stude Corp, maybe on loan for the photo opp. Just a guess..

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:What do you make of the license plate on the Garford? MFRS CAR?
                  I'm no Richard Quinn, but you can see an apostrophe after the 'R', so I'll say it's "Manufacturer's Car"; belonging to Stude Corp, maybe on loan for the photo opp. Just a guess..

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I'm glad Dick could enlighten us on these. I'm intrigued by the license plate on the car in the first photo, too. I think to the right it says NJ and 09 (08?) [?]

So maybe this was before a big home baseball game between a team in New Jersey and one from Pittsburg - or a bunch of Pittsburg fans that commandeered a New Jersey car.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'm glad Dick could enlighten us on these. I'm intrigued by the license plate on the car in the first photo, too. I think to the right it says NJ and 09 (08?) [?]

So maybe this was before a big home baseball game between a team in New Jersey and one from Pittsburg - or a bunch of Pittsburg fans that commandeered a New Jersey car.

Comment

Always great to see pictures of this type bringing back memories of the past greatness of the Little Car Company that Could.
                        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Always great to see pictures of this type bringing back memories of the past greatness of the Little Car Company that Could.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                          X