The Ute makes Hot Rod Deluxe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ute makes Hot Rod Deluxe!

quote:The 1st scan or the second scan, Matthew?
    There's a second scan?

[)][)]

I see the forum clock is messing up again. [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

quote:The 1st scan or the second scan, Matthew?
    There's a second scan?

[)][)]

I see the forum clock is messing up again. [xx(]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Dick, it's the search the makes the finish project worth while. It's great that the magazine will run with the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Dick, it's the search the makes the finish project worth while. It's great that the magazine will run with the story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Dick,
          That is a great spread in the magazine. I'm looking forward to seeing the car when completed. Keep posting pictures of the restoration.

Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
          Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO

Comment

Dick,
            That is a great spread in the magazine. I'm looking forward to seeing the car when completed. Keep posting pictures of the restoration.

Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO
            President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
            Gary Sanders
            Nixa, MO

Comment

The Ute makes Hot Rod Deluxe!

Well...the letters section. But a full page there!

HRD is a spin off or Hot Rod Magazine. It is devoted to retro hot rods and customs. The May issue...

Has some of the correspondence I've been exchanging with the editors. Here it is...

The editors want to do a feature on the car when it is finished. Motivation to get my rear in gear and get going on it. It will get a '55 President V8, 3 speed OD with a Jeep top shift conversion courtesy of Gord Richmond. I've got the 2x2 intake with a couple of backdraft Stromberg WW's set to go. Should be a neat old skool kustom in a few months with any luck.

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Now THAT is COOL BEANS, Dick! 'Way to go...and all good wishes for leaving it Studebaker V-8 powered, with the period 2X2 intake. [}] I'll bet the editors were excited when they got your communication. []BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Now THAT is COOL BEANS, Dick! 'Way to go...and all good wishes for leaving it Studebaker V-8 powered, with the period 2X2 intake. [}] I'll bet the editors were excited when they got your communication. []BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What Mr. Palma just said. [^]

Cool stuff indeed, Dick. Cool stuff! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

What Mr. Palma just said. [^]

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude
                        The 1st scan or the second scan, Matthew?

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude
                          The 1st scan or the second scan, Matthew?

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick: The Roadster Show program says the car (at the time) has, "a mild 1957 Golden Hawk engine." You feel it was later subjected to a brand-X transplant; certainly possible.

My question: Do you think the '57 GH engine retained its supercharger? If so, do you see evidence of how they got it under that [uncut?] hood? Or do you think it has a different hood on it from when it had the 1957 GH engine? [?]

People are always asking if they can fit a 1957/1958 supercharger setup under the hood of a 53/54 C/K and the answer is always tentative because the clearance is so close.

What say you, having examined this car in its present state? [?] [8D]BP

Comment

Dick: The Roadster Show program says the car (at the time) has, "a mild 1957 Golden Hawk engine." You feel it was later subjected to a brand-X transplant; certainly possible.

My question: Do you think the '57 GH engine retained its supercharger? If so, do you see evidence of how they got it under that [uncut?] hood? Or do you think it has a different hood on it from when it had the 1957 GH engine? [?]

People are always asking if they can fit a 1957/1958 supercharger setup under the hood of a 53/54 C/K and the answer is always tentative because the clearance is so close.

What say you, having examined this car in its present state? [?] [8D]BP

Comment

Working...
                              X