Rear Quarter Window..55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Quarter Window..55

Couple of questions about this window...#1. Is the washer and spring on the lift arm supposed to come off??
    #2. Can the run channel's be refurbished and by whom..or is this a job that is commonly done with the right material and the right kind of rivets?

1955 President one owner
    Moncks Corner, SC

I replaced the felt material in the window run channel and rerivited it at home. You can get the material at a good automotive upholstry shop. The rivits are common.
    The washer and spring do come off. There should also be a clip on it.
    Klif

55 Speedster
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Thanks, klif... Yeah, the clip was there but the middle of the pin is raised a little from the rust. I did not want to mess up the pin if it was supposed to be that way... I looked real close at the run channel. Once the two parts are seperated,can the s/s be lifted and recrimped over the new felt without too much difficulty.. I just want it to look good when I finish it. Seems like the edges of the s/s would get all pinged and messed up when it is recrimped without some kind of factory press...thingy...or not??[xx(]

1955 President one owner
      Moncks Corner, SC

Comment

Lift the s/s as little as possible, just enough to get it off. Also there are rivets in the window run it self. Take that appart and it's much easier to work with.
        Klif

55 Speedster
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Working...
        X