Paying it Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying it Forward

Some weeks back there was a thread on the Forum discussing Speedometers. I had mentioned that I was considering converting Mr. Green Jeans to the '54 to '56 and '60 to '64 C-Cab Instrument panel in order to have a full set of factory gauges in the dash. I also mentioned that as I live in Canada, it would be nice to have a metric speedometer. A Forum member contacted me and said that he had a metric face plate for the 54/56, 60/64 C-Cab instrument panel that had come with a set of instrument panel pieces he had ordered a few years back. The panel was NOS. Without further ado, he took the time to find said item and mail it to me without any cost and refused to accept any money for postage as well. [8D] [^]

So, now it's my turn. While replacing the spring bushings on my '57 Transtar, I discovered that one of my rear spring shackles was worn and needed replacing. While I had not yet taken the front springs apart, to be on the safe side I picked up a pair of front spring shackles off eBay. Turns out, I do not need them (they appear to be NOS with a bit of surface rust that collects on items that have spent many years on a shelf) and so I am offering them up at no cost (including postage within N. America) to the first person that posts on this Forum that they are in need of a set. I have attached a couple of photos for reference, but the bushings shown are not included as they are obviously of the same vintage as the shackles and the rubber has gone brittle. I believe the part numbers are 677635 & 677636. The new shackles are the ones pictured on the Right Hand Side of the photo - my originals are on the left.

Here are the spring bushings used on these shackles (example only)

All I ask is that you do not respond unless you or someone you know has a 1/2 ton C-Cab and actually needs this item. Cheers.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Is this not the best club in the world?

The sort of club I would be a member of, even if they would have me as a member.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Is this not the best club in the world?

The sort of club I would be a member of, even if they would have me as a member.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Paying it forward is a good thing -- even when it doesn't have anything to do with Studebakers. In this crazy world, its the least we can do.

Alan Mende
        Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
        Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Paying it forward is a good thing -- even when it doesn't have anything to do with Studebakers. In this crazy world, its the least we can do.

Alan Mende
          Kindest regards,

Alan Mende
          Grantville, PA

I'm not a mechanic; I don't even play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
          X