DEEPNHOCK Follies - March 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEEPNHOCK Follies - March 2008

Spent an interesting day in the 'Garage Majhal' at Pat Skelly's in Savanha today...
    (Sent the wimmen' off shopping so some 'real' Stude workin' could get done[}])....
    Pat's currently a gimp (due to his thumb tendon snapping and running up his arm... see stump in photo)...
    So...
    While Pat 'supervised', I played worker bee and polished this 'Morgan' Champ Six intake manifold..

It was pretty knicked up and some decisions/compromises had to be made to differentiate between 'perfect' and 'realistic' as far as polishing goes.
    I did not want to work every knick out of it, as it is very high quality casting (for the era) that does not have a whole lot of extra meat to work with...
    But, after the third day of 'Rubbing on it' (a Dave Lester term), I have it to a point where it probably should not be messed with no mo'...
    Now... On to the matching cast aluminum finned head...
    (What you don't see in the picture is that Pat is nice and clean, and I am a filthy dirty, sweaty, stinking pig. I got even, as I took a shower at the Skelly palace and trashed Emily's bathroom[}])...
    Jeff[8D]
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Looks good, Jeff.

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Looks good, Jeff.

Chris Pile
      StudeFolk Manager
      Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

A friend of mine has a Morgan, I think it is a Plus 4 or something. He has had it since the early 80's and had a guy in Ct. restore it. Best part he could call the UK and order parts. If not in stock, they would make him one.

Now that he is in his mid 80's he wants a Rolls.

Comment

A friend of mine has a Morgan, I think it is a Plus 4 or something. He has had it since the early 80's and had a guy in Ct. restore it. Best part he could call the UK and order parts. If not in stock, they would make him one.

Now that he is in his mid 80's he wants a Rolls.

Comment

So Jeff, being as your itchey to get your hands dirty, are you back to doing intake conversions? I need one done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

So Jeff, being as your itchey to get your hands dirty, are you back to doing intake conversions? I need one done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1826.83)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Wow, Jeff. It sure looks nice in the pic. Whoever ends up with that shiny Morgan intake sure is lucky. It would look nice on a Champ Six in an M5 pickup for sure [8D]

John Stine
                '46 M5 Pickup
                '63 Lark Sedan

Comment

Wow, Jeff. It sure looks nice in the pic. Whoever ends up with that shiny Morgan intake sure is lucky. It would look nice on a Champ Six in an M5 pickup for sure [8D]

John Stine
                  '46 M5 Pickup
                  '63 Lark Sedan

Comment

Seems like I've seen that garage a couple times...

(And carried many of the blocks that make up the walls. [xx(])

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

John....
                        Truth be known, it is more an honor to be allowed to work on some historical Stude parts...
                        Sure, there is some sweat equity involved, but it is more about caressing some truly important Studebaker parts.
                        I do consider myself lucky to be entrusted with some of these pieces to 'rub on'....
                        (no matter how slow I 'rub' on them
                        I do appreciate that beyond words....
                        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by m5pickup

John Stine

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

John....
                          Truth be known, it is more an honor to be allowed to work on some historical Stude parts...
                          Sure, there is some sweat equity involved, but it is more about caressing some truly important Studebaker parts.
                          I do consider myself lucky to be entrusted with some of these pieces to 'rub on'....
                          (no matter how slow I 'rub' on them
                          I do appreciate that beyond words....
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by m5pickup

John Stine

Jeff

Comment

I have a few 'blocks' in storage there...awaiting the next 'garage mahal'.... (Thanks in spade's Pat!)
                            Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

[b]Matthew Burnette

Jeff

Comment

I have a few 'blocks' in storage there...awaiting the next 'garage mahal'.... (Thanks in spade's Pat!)
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

[b]Matthew Burnette

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X