Transtar - "Slow" Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transtar - "Slow" Progress

Spending about 40% of my time (including weekends) away from home working along with the other inevitable houshold chores mean not a lot of time has been spent working on the Transtar... However, the rear springs have now been completed. Problem is they look good painted up compared to the rest of the undercarriage... [B)]

and the left front spring is done.

The right front side spring pieces are scattered on the bench ready for paint. Once done, a new set of front wheel bearings (inner and outer) are to be installed along with a new set of brake shoes. While the wheels are the original drum brakes, he does have a dual Master Cylinder.

Hopefully I'll have him roadworthy by month's end.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Mark, those are good looking stacks of springs! Don't apologize for the rest of the undercarriage. If it was too clean, you wouldn't want to drive it, and what fun is that?

Dave Bonn
    Valencia, PA
    '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Mark, those are good looking stacks of springs! Don't apologize for the rest of the undercarriage. If it was too clean, you wouldn't want to drive it, and what fun is that?

Dave Bonn
      Valencia, PA
      '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Thanks Dave. You are correct that I am putting him on the road as a "driver" not a "trailer queen", but after this job is done there will be some more "sprucing up" to do. If everything was completely finished, that would take away half the fun. [8D]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

Thanks Dave. You are correct that I am putting him on the road as a "driver" not a "trailer queen", but after this job is done there will be some more "sprucing up" to do. If everything was completely finished, that would take away half the fun. [8D]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

don't sell yourself short, the backsides of the wheels look good, too!

Mark, if you don't mind - do you still have the part numbers for the shocks you used? I've started putting a few truck parts on my web site - nowhere near the coverage for cars, but I'm collecting the info when I can get it.

nate

(I have the same problem with my car; the axle and driveshaft make the rest of the underbits look rather shabby!)

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

don't sell yourself short, the backsides of the wheels look good, too!

Mark, if you don't mind - do you still have the part numbers for the shocks you used? I've started putting a few truck parts on my web site - nowhere near the coverage for cars, but I'm collecting the info when I can get it.

nate

(I have the same problem with my car; the axle and driveshaft make the rest of the underbits look rather shabby!)

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate
                Nate, I purchased the shocks from StudeRich, they are a Gabriel Red Ryder and the only number on the box is SHK007. Not sure if that helps, but I felt much better when I read on the box that they were made for the "Professional Installer".

<h5>Mark
                '57 Transtar
                3E-6/7-122
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

nate
                  Nate, I purchased the shocks from StudeRich, they are a Gabriel Red Ryder and the only number on the box is SHK007. Not sure if that helps, but I felt much better when I read on the box that they were made for the "Professional Installer".

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar
                  3E-6/7-122
                  </h5>
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                  X