Weasel for $75....okay, so it's plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel for $75....okay, so it's plastic

I was checking out a favorite website that sells ancient unmade models kits and came across this.

Out-Of-Production or Antique Model Kit from Oldmodelkits.com. Assembly and painting required.

For those of you who bought and built one years ago for 98 cents you'll see that Studebakers aren't the only collectable that's gone up in value.

If you haven't seen one before and are looking to expand your Stude collection...enjoy a rare bit of memorabilia.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Jboyle,
    I think I'd shop around awhile before I bought that version of that model. I believe that kit is way over priced. If you want a model of the Weasel that kit was reissued a few years ago. One could buy the reissue version for around $20 or less.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Jboyle,
      I think I'd shop around awhile before I bought that version of that model. I believe that kit is way over priced. If you want a model of the Weasel that kit was reissued a few years ago. One could buy the reissue version for around $20 or less.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

Jboyle,
        I think I'd shop around awhile before I bought that version of that model. Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        Don't worry Gary, I was only looking...I'm saving my pennies to paint my Avanti.
        And, I thought it was a good chance to show off a little known model.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Gary1953

Jboyle,
          I think I'd shop around awhile before I bought that version of that model. Gary Sanders
          Nixa, MO
          Don't worry Gary, I was only looking...I'm saving my pennies to paint my Avanti.
          And, I thought it was a good chance to show off a little known model.

63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I have both of the Weasel model kits.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard,
                That weasel kit comes in two or three different boxes besides the one at the top of the picture. The kit in the middle box is not the same kit as the top one. If you go to the Squadron web site there is a couple of very expensive kits offered.

Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO
                Gary Sanders
                Nixa, MO

Comment

Leonard,
                  That weasel kit comes in two or three different boxes besides the one at the top of the picture. The kit in the middle box is not the same kit as the top one. If you go to the Squadron web site there is a couple of very expensive kits offered.

Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO
                  Gary Sanders
                  Nixa, MO

Comment

I should have said I have [u]some</u> Weasel kits. I didn't mean to refer to the one you were talking about.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I should have said I have [u]some</u> Weasel kits. I didn't mean to refer to the one you were talking about.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I do see that you have a second version of the top model at the bottom of the picture.

Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

I do see that you have a second version of the top model at the bottom of the picture.

Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I have all the ones you have except the lower left. As far as the Monogram Weasels I think I have a case or two of them left from the last time they ran them. Once we get the garage cleaned I know I will find them. What possibly makes the one listed at $75 so high it might be the original kit, but they did re-release it a few years ago with the old box art. Very hard to find the modern date on that box and many showed up on E-bay at high prices.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

I have all the ones you have except the lower left. As far as the Monogram Weasels I think I have a case or two of them left from the last time they ran them. Once we get the garage cleaned I know I will find them. What possibly makes the one listed at $75 so high it might be the original kit, but they did re-release it a few years ago with the old box art. Very hard to find the modern date on that box and many showed up on E-bay at high prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X