Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sky Hawk update - Rocker panel and carb.. pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawk update - Rocker panel and carb.. pics!

Been a busy day in South Jawjuh today. My uncle and I got the pass. side rocker panel replaced on his Sky Hawk, using a new one from Classic Ent. I've decided that the guys at Stude Corp got paid per spot weld! It's wasn't that bad to do, just time consuming.

We used a spot weld drill bit on the bottom ones.

The drill took too much time, so out came the hammer and chisel.

The new one went in pretty easily. We had to bend the front tab to get it behind the fender.

Then clamped it all for welding in.

Then my granddad tacked it in there in several places.

And there it is.

After that, we got the new Edelbrock on there, with one of Jeff Rice's intakes.

More pics here.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I also made a short video of it running. The rattling noise is a loose heat riser.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Very interesting Matthew. Thanks for posting.

We had rain and high winds here today and I tried to get a picture like you did with your truck, but my mud puddle wasn't big enough.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Very interesting Matthew. Thanks for posting.

We had rain and high winds here today and I tried to get a picture like you did with your truck, but my mud puddle wasn't big enough.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Nice work! []

Buy your grandfather a (root) beer!

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Nice work! []

Buy your grandfather a (root) beer!

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks Dick. He bought me a diet sprite. That's the first time I've seen the top of my head in awhile. NT

Neil Thornton
            Hazlehurst, GA
            '57 Silver Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '51 2R16 dump truck
            Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Thanks Dick. He bought me a diet sprite. That's the first time I've seen the top of my head in awhile. NT

Neil Thornton
              Hazlehurst, GA
              '57 Silver Hawk
              '56 Sky Hawk
              '51 2R16 dump truck
              Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Nice picture Leonard. It wasn't rainy today, but it was cold! It was nearly 45 degrees this morning. And that's cold to a Jawjuh boy.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Nice picture Leonard. It wasn't rainy today, but it was cold! It was nearly 45 degrees this morning. And that's cold to a Jawjuh boy.

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Nice picture Leonard. It wasn't rainy today, but it was cold! It was nearly 45 degrees this morning. And that's cold to a Jawjuh boy.

Matthew Burnette
                    It was warmer here then it was in Jawjuh. It reached 70 degrees here!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Nice picture Leonard. It wasn't rainy today, but it was cold! It was nearly 45 degrees this morning. And that's cold to a Jawjuh boy.

Matthew Burnette
                      It was warmer here then it was in Jawjuh. It reached 70 degrees here!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

While it was warm this morning, once the 35 MPH winds hit it started to coll off. My power went out for almost 4 hours this afternoon as a result.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

While it was warm this morning, once the 35 MPH winds hit it started to coll off. My power went out for almost 4 hours this afternoon as a result.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Hey Matt you think it was cold there? We woke up to a 2 inch snow here in Ms.But the sun came out about 9 and it disappeared fast.Oh bye the way , nice job on the rocker and love the carb and intake

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Hey Matt you think it was cold there? We woke up to a 2 inch snow here in Ms.But the sun came out about 9 and it disappeared fast.Oh bye the way , nice job on the rocker and love the carb and intake

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X