went on a little road trip, found 3 studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went on a little road trip, found 3 studebakers

Went on a little road trip to look at a Studebaker Daytona, and found 2 more on the way home......
    It always helps to be driving a classic car when your out looking....I went and looked at a 65 Daytona, and after I left stopped a few miles down the road to get some gas in my 55 Pontiac Star Chief. A fellow walked up and we started talking about old cars, and when I told him I was up to look at a Studebaker, he said oh you mean that one over by the intersection that you cant tell whether its coming at you, or driving away....I said, no, BUT, wheres this one at. He proceeded to give me directions and up the road I went. There it was setting right along the road with a big FSBO sign. I havent called the number yet, so I will pass along the info if Im not intrested.
    Then after a quick stop for lunch, I was off again, only to have some guy in a import blowing the horn and giving the thumbs up as he passed me on the interstate....as he went by, I noticed what I thought was a Studbeaker wagon setting behind a garage out of the corner of my eye. I grabbed the next exit, and followed my way back to the garage. I located the owner and got the story on it. Its a 60 wagon, he didnt know alot about it, but said the guy that owned it parked it there 2-3 years ago, and he was recieving monthly storage payments from him to keep it there. BUT, 3 months ago the payments stopped coming. He had said he was going to contact the guy to see what the story was and he'd call me back. And if he needed to sell it due to lack of storage payments, hed give me first shot. Although he said, it wouldnt have a title unless the guy would give it to him, or I paid the fees associated with applying for a title based on a mechanics lien. He thought that since the owner was older that he may have passed on, and that he probably sat it there instead of his own home because the wife wouldnt let him have it, LOL.
    Anyways I will list pics soon as I get them uploaded.

I know, Im such a tease, and I will post the info on all 3 if I decide to pass on them. But it just goes to show ya, they are still out there, you just have to look a little harder....and like I said, tooling around in a classic car helps!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Well heres the pics I promised to show....

the 65 Daytona...I think I might buy this one

the stude the guy told me about,

and the wagon, stil waiting on info for it....

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

Well heres the pics I promised to show....

the 65 Daytona...I think I might buy this one

the stude the guy told me about,

and the wagon, stil waiting on info for it....

Comment

Shawn, what state are these in? I'd love to have the roof rack off that wagon for mine![] I'd buy the whole car if it's not TOO far away...

Maybe you can get that rack off and sell it to me[^] Keep us posted!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
        Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Shawn, what state are these in? I'd love to have the roof rack off that wagon for mine![] I'd buy the whole car if it's not TOO far away...

Maybe you can get that rack off and sell it to me[^] Keep us posted!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
          Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Shawn, what state are these in?
            I think he is in Southern PA, so these should be close enough to interest you.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Shawn, what state are these in?
              I think he is in Southern PA, so these should be close enough to interest you.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

That would be a good score Bob, too bad that's about the only part worth saving after they let it rust into the ground! You could have gotten some Regal parts like that chrome upper tailgate and door panels, Dash, Grille Moulding, Hd. Light Rims etc. to dress up your plain Jane Deluxe, if they would have shedded or garaged it! [:0]

The drip rail mouldings will still be good though, they're Stainless![] Do I see a pair of rare door handle guards and rain visors on the front doors? [:0][^] Hard to be sure on the handle guards!

I take it they never opened the bottom tailgate since they modified it to hold the License plate and put that front bumper on, complete with the vertical guards!! LOL!

I could see a trip to southern PA for a Lark wagon parts car.........
                StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That would be a good score Bob, too bad that's about the only part worth saving after they let it rust into the ground! You could have gotten some Regal parts like that chrome upper tailgate and door panels, Dash, Grille Moulding, Hd. Light Rims etc. to dress up your plain Jane Deluxe, if they would have shedded or garaged it! [:0]

The drip rail mouldings will still be good though, they're Stainless![] Do I see a pair of rare door handle guards and rain visors on the front doors? [:0][^] Hard to be sure on the handle guards!

I take it they never opened the bottom tailgate since they modified it to hold the License plate and put that front bumper on, complete with the vertical guards!! LOL!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Yes thats correct I do live in southern PA.....I will try and get a price this week.....whats it worth if he asks me to make an offer?
                        I sure would sell ya the roof rack, and I do remember seeing door handle guards on it, Id be willing to purchase and part it out if I know its worth my while.....

I forgot to add, the block is still in it, but the heads on up are gone, Im pretty sure shes 3 on the tree and I did see that familiar chrome lever under the dash, so Id assume it has OD, oh and someone added SW guages to the center pod of the dash also......

Comment

Yes thats correct I do live in southern PA.....I will try and get a price this week.....whats it worth if he asks me to make an offer?
                          I sure would sell ya the roof rack, and I do remember seeing door handle guards on it, Id be willing to purchase and part it out if I know its worth my while.....

I forgot to add, the block is still in it, but the heads on up are gone, Im pretty sure shes 3 on the tree and I did see that familiar chrome lever under the dash, so Id assume it has OD, oh and someone added SW guages to the center pod of the dash also......

Comment

I know I start with a $250-$300 gas bill just to go after it... so really it has to be cheap- maybe a hundred or two...

I would like to have it in my yard for parts, for sure... at least the rack and handle guards...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I know I start with a $250-$300 gas bill just to go after it... so really it has to be cheap- maybe a hundred or two...

I would like to have it in my yard for parts, for sure... at least the rack and handle guards...

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                              X