tire size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire size

Just got back from picking up a Packard Hawk from Baltimore, Md. It has the original 800-14 tires on it. Can someone tell me what size replaces these tires? This one will be a driver.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
    '58 Packard Hawk

Goggle is your friend:

BTW, 14 inch tires are very hard to find, and 215/14's might be a bit tight even if you can find them. You may need to buy a repro vintage wide white. If you think they are too expensive, you bought the wrong car to restore.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks JDP for the information webb site. We have 3 Packard Hawks. We are doing a ground-up restoration on the 3-speed standard shift with OD because it was the first one we got. We will putting on Coker 800-14 wide whites on that car. This new one is going to be a driver for now but having dry rotted tires and one gone flat I just wanted something new that would fit for now.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
      '58 Packard Hawk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

BTW, 14 inch tires are very hard to find, and 215/14's might be a bit tight even if you can find them.

I put a set of 215 75 14's on my '65 Impala. They are from a local tire store and I had several brands to choose from. They must be OEM on a mini van or something.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

If it were my driver, I'd go with the well-documented 15"x6 Ford/Mopar wheels or even the 16" x 7" from the late Crown Vic police cars. I've run both on Hawks; they transform the look, ride and handling, are inexpensive to buy and there is a wide selection of performance tires at half the cost of the resto-wide-white 14"s. You'll still have the 14" rims for the wide whites if you ever want to go back to all-show-no-go status

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X