Cheap C-K's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap C-K's

Someone nearby could more then double their money if they hit the Buy It Now of $1800 for the pair.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

I looked at those this morning and thought about them; heck, I brought 2 home from MI last year, so it's within range. But I'd be making 2 trips, probably $350-$400 in gas round trip each. That would put me maybe $1400 or so each in my yard. I had a hard time seeing that in them, incomplete as they are, solid 2-doors or not. Then there's trying to guess condition by the pictures.

I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and do the leg work on stuff I could make a dollar on, but I'm not willing to give my time away- a day and a half on the road each way, plus wear on my vehicle... and still it's hard to guess what they'll be worth. Of course, if one wants one or both as keepers, that's a different story.

As you said, it would have to be somebody nearby- and at today's fuel prices, VERY nearby.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

I looked at those this morning and thought about them; heck, I brought 2 home from MI last year, so it's within range. But I'd be making 2 trips, probably $350-$400 in gas round trip each. That would put me maybe $1400 or so each in my yard. I had a hard time seeing that in them, incomplete as they are, solid 2-doors or not. Then there's trying to guess condition by the pictures.

I'm willing to roll up my sleeves and do the leg work on stuff I could make a dollar on, but I'm not willing to give my time away- a day and a half on the road each way, plus wear on my vehicle... and still it's hard to guess what they'll be worth. Of course, if one wants one or both as keepers, that's a different story.

As you said, it would have to be somebody nearby- and at today's fuel prices, VERY nearby.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131

[)]Hey Bob, JFYI, they are actually in Arizona.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Parish, central NY 13131

[)]Hey Bob, JFYI, they are actually in Arizona.[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
          http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

They are in Arizona, near Tucson. I think what the buyer is implying i that these bodies would make a great starting point for restoring a very rusty but otherwise complete, titled and documented C-body.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

They are in Arizona, near Tucson. I think what the buyer is implying i that these bodies would make a great starting point for restoring a very rusty but otherwise complete, titled and documented C-body.

"You Can't Have Everything--Where Would You Put It?" ---comedian Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
              X