1937 Studebaker Woody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1937 Studebaker Woody

Does anyone know anything about a 1937 Studebaker woody that recently sold at auction? A co-worker said he saw it on TV and I am looking for a picture. I tried Goggle, but I got so many hits for the die cast model that I thought I would try here.[?]

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

There are no surviving original 1937 Studebaker Wood bodied cars. My guess a street rod.

Richard Quinn
    editor: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

There are no surviving original 1937 Studebaker Wood bodied cars. My guess a street rod.

Richard Quinn
      Richard Quinn

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Or the little one that can sit on your coffee table and says "Maytag" on it!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel

Or the little one that can sit on your coffee table and says "Maytag" on it!

Craig

Comment

I did not see the show, but Buck said this car was restored. It sold for well over $100,000. Maybe a clone? Usually, even a die cast is based on an existing vehicle that pictures and measurements are taken from.[?]

Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I did not see the show, but Buck said this car was restored. It sold for well over $100,000. Maybe a clone? Usually, even a die cast is based on an existing vehicle that pictures and measurements are taken from.[?]

Searcy, Arkansas
              1952 2R pickup

Comment

There is nothing remotely connected to South Bend's finest when referring to this vehicle.
                Posies (the builder) got a little inspiration from the Dictators and CE's - but that's all!

Chris Pile
                StudeFolk Manager
                Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

There is nothing remotely connected to South Bend's finest when referring to this vehicle.
                  Posies (the builder) got a little inspiration from the Dictators and CE's - but that's all!

Chris Pile
                  StudeFolk Manager
                  Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The person on stage with the car said maybe the head lights were Studebaker but he thought nothing else was close to being Studebaker. The grill does have the general look of a '37 but not much else.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

The person on stage with the car said maybe the head lights were Studebaker but he thought nothing else was close to being Studebaker. The grill does have the general look of a '37 but not much else.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

I was involved in the making of the die cast and it was not based on and existing vehicle. The die cast model is a two door and the production vehicle is a four door. It was created using a coupe express chassis and front clip and graphics I supplied from the sales catalog that had undergone some photoshop work. I am steadfast in maintaining that the car sold was not an original Studebaker woodie. I will bet one of my die cast models on it!

Richard Quinn
                        Richard Quinn

Comment

I was involved in the making of the die cast and it was not based on and existing vehicle. The die cast model is a two door and the production vehicle is a four door. It was created using a coupe express chassis and front clip and graphics I supplied from the sales catalog that had undergone some photoshop work. I am steadfast in maintaining that the car sold was not an original Studebaker woodie. I will bet one of my die cast models on it!

Richard Quinn
                          Richard Quinn

Comment

Maybe this one??

Richard Quinn
                            Richard Quinn

Comment

Maybe this one??