How Does Your Spouse Feel About Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does Your Spouse Feel About Studebakers

My wife wants to go every Studebaker event. She can't wait till the next meeting. She has worked no telling how many days this winter on the Ozark Trails History. Trying to find stuff that people has put in their closet and drawers. She thinks she has got it done. And any time I need a helping hand working on the cars she is there.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
    As soon as you find a product you like they will stop making it.

The first 10 years I was married, my wife attended the meets and the rest, now you guys know better what Studebakers I own then she does.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Daytona HT/4 speed
    63 Lark 2 door
    57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

The first 10 years I was married, my wife attended the meets and the rest, now you guys know better what Studebakers I own then she does.

JDP/Maryland
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,839.60
      63 Daytona HT/4 speed
      63 Lark 2 door
      57 Wagon

JDP Maryland

Comment

My wife is interested, but I cannot convince her to drive across the country with me in my C-Cab [:0]... she insists she'll follow behind in her Ford Exploder and see me at rest stops and at the event, whatever it may be. [?][?][?] [:X]

<h5>Mark
        '57 Transtar
        3E-6/7-122
        </h5>
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

My wife is interested, but I cannot convince her to drive across the country with me in my C-Cab [:0]... she insists she'll follow behind in her Ford Exploder and see me at rest stops and at the event, whatever it may be. [?][?][?] [:X]

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar
          3E-6/7-122
          </h5>
          Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

3 years ago my wife said she would leave me if I bought a studebaker Avanti I was interested in. Well, I bought it and several more Studes since then. She is still here.
            Allen

Comment

3 years ago my wife said she would leave me if I bought a studebaker Avanti I was interested in. Well, I bought it and several more Studes since then. She is still here.
              Allen

Comment

He's gettin tired of me dragging them home. But he just loves to convince them to live again. He just loves to bring them back to life.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                1957 Silverhawk
                1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                1955 President State
                Fresno,Ca
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

He's gettin tired of me dragging them home. But he just loves to convince them to live again. He just loves to bring them back to life.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                  1957 Silverhawk
                  1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  1955 President State
                  Fresno,Ca
                  Mabel 1949 Champion
                  Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  The Prez 1955 President State
                  Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                  Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                  Fresno,Ca

Comment

I have my old iron. She has her horse. We go to each other's shows. Travel in parallel universes.

51 Commander State Sedan
                    Butler PA

Comment

I have my old iron. She has her horse. We go to each other's shows. Travel in parallel universes.

51 Commander State Sedan
                      Butler PA

Comment

My wife has been my savior with regard to my 54 Coupe. Many years ago, the coupe was down for repairs on the front suspension and the R1 4 speed transplant. I had gotten in a rut at work and was discouraged with the pace of the repairs. I told her that if the car was not done by that Spring, I was going to sell it and wait for another to come along later. She most adamantly said that I was not to sell the car. She knew that I would regret that choice for the rest of my life. I had bought the car for $50 when I was in high school in '71. It had been and still is my dream car since I was 10 years old. So I kept it and still have it. What a great woman. She doesn't like the meets or get involved herself, but always makes time for me to go when I want to attend. She's fabulous.
                        sals54

Comment

My wife has been my savior with regard to my 54 Coupe. Many years ago, the coupe was down for repairs on the front suspension and the R1 4 speed transplant. I had gotten in a rut at work and was discouraged with the pace of the repairs. I told her that if the car was not done by that Spring, I was going to sell it and wait for another to come along later. She most adamantly said that I was not to sell the car. She knew that I would regret that choice for the rest of my life. I had bought the car for $50 when I was in high school in '71. It had been and still is my dream car since I was 10 years old. So I kept it and still have it. What a great woman. She doesn't like the meets or get involved herself, but always makes time for me to go when I want to attend. She's fabulous.
                          sals54

Comment

At first mine wasn't very interested,but after taking her to a few swap meets she's started making plans.She wants me to modify Lena with more HP,mag wheels and red interior,flames etc. I'm drawing the line at the Betty Boop graphics she wants on the rear though![8D]

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

At first mine wasn't very interested,but after taking her to a few swap meets she's started making plans.She wants me to modify Lena with more HP,mag wheels and red interior,flames etc. I'm drawing the line at the Betty Boop graphics she wants on the rear though![8D]

63VY4 Leakin' Lena Hagerstown MD

Comment

Working...
                              X