Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 260 MPH in an UNBLOWN "C/K?"

'Looks like these guys are shooting for it! Unbelievable. [8D] BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Holy Moly, what a dream. I would so love to go to Bonneville Speed weeks this year. I've never been. The only kicker is that if and when I go, i just gotta drive the 54. Maybe this year? Bonneville is my Mecca.
    sals54

Comment

Holy Moly, what a dream. I would so love to go to Bonneville Speed weeks this year. I've never been. The only kicker is that if and when I go, i just gotta drive the 54. Maybe this year? Bonneville is my Mecca.
      sals54

Comment

Hi, Sal,

Me, too! I hope to be there this year. However, read up on this link http://www.landracing.com/forum/inde...board,1.0.html about what driving on the salt does to cars. Some of the experienced guys get a rental instead of putting salt up in the crevices of their pride-n-joy.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
        PackardV8

Comment

Hi, Sal,

Me, too! I hope to be there this year. However, read up on this link http://www.landracing.com/forum/inde...board,1.0.html about what driving on the salt does to cars. Some of the experienced guys get a rental instead of putting salt up in the crevices of their pride-n-joy.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

I have video of their car making passes on the salt. Sounds strong, looks cool.

Unless you are fully prepared to salt proof your beloved Stude, DO NOT take it on the salt. Especially if it's been wet and you have to drive through shallow salt water. It starts rusting unprotected metal immediately and aggressively. Old racers call it Bonneville loctite.

DO NOT rent a car in Salt Lake, they won't let you drive it on the salt. If you do anyway, they hit you with a big fine and cleanup fee.

Check landracing.com for more "do's & don'ts" of Bonneville visits.
            Follow them well, and you'll come back with a smile.

Chris Pile
            StudeFolk Manager
            Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I have video of their car making passes on the salt. Sounds strong, looks cool.

Unless you are fully prepared to salt proof your beloved Stude, DO NOT take it on the salt. Especially if it's been wet and you have to drive through shallow salt water. It starts rusting unprotected metal immediately and aggressively. Old racers call it Bonneville loctite.

DO NOT rent a car in Salt Lake, they won't let you drive it on the salt. If you do anyway, they hit you with a big fine and cleanup fee.

Check landracing.com for more "do's & don'ts" of Bonneville visits.
              Follow them well, and you'll come back with a smile.

Chris Pile
              StudeFolk Manager
              Tiny, custom domain, branded, url shortener, edit URL redirect, tinylink
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

You can see the build-up of this Studebaker @ "Saltflat Studebaker" on the web. It covers the early construction as well as the up grades.

Dave Davis
                Bakersfield, Ca.
                1953 Commander Regal Starlight
                '58 392 Chrysler Hemi powered
                Dave Davis
                Bakersfield, Ca.
                \'58 392 Chrysler Hemi powered

Comment

You can see the build-up of this Studebaker @ "Saltflat Studebaker" on the web. It covers the early construction as well as the up grades.

Dave Davis
                  Bakersfield, Ca.
                  '58 392 Chrysler Hemi powered
                  Dave Davis
                  Bakersfield, Ca.
                  \'58 392 Chrysler Hemi powered

Comment

Hi
                    one of my projects in the works is a twin turbo stude bound for a 200 mph red hat, I go to Bonneville regularly and trust me its a rush just being there !!!! I have SALT FEVER real bad and will be going back with my 59 Silver Hawk to run!!!

Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
                    60 Lark VIII Hardtop
                    63 Lark Custom 2D R1 4speed
                    51 3/4 Ton truck 9 foot bed
                    57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
                    62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
                    64 wagon
                    57 Silver Hawk {soon}future Bonneville car 200 mph

Comment

Hi
                      one of my projects in the works is a twin turbo stude bound for a 200 mph red hat, I go to Bonneville regularly and trust me its a rush just being there !!!! I have SALT FEVER real bad and will be going back with my 59 Silver Hawk to run!!!

Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
                      60 Lark VIII Hardtop
                      57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
                      62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
                      64 wagon

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LARK59

Hi

Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
                        60 Lark VIII Hardtop
                        57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
                        62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
                        64 wagon
                        I'd like to know some more about your LSR Studebaker. We have several folks that come down to Maxton, NC to run at the East Coast Timing Association events, from Michigan and further north in Canada. We'd love to have you run with us, as well at Bonneville. Check out http://ecta-lsr.com/ for details and a schedule.

Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LARK59

Hi

Jerry

59 Lark VI Hardtop
                          60 Lark VIII Hardtop
                          57 Transtar 1 ton 5Sp/od
                          62 Transtar 289 1 Ton
                          64 wagon
                          I'd like to know some more about your LSR Studebaker. We have several folks that come down to Maxton, NC to run at the East Coast Timing Association events, from Michigan and further north in Canada. We'd love to have you run with us, as well at Bonneville. Check out http://ecta-lsr.com/ for details and a schedule.

Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser

Comment

Check out Vintage Air's site. At the top is a Stude on the salt....running its air.

Zeke

Comment

Check out Vintage Air's site. At the top is a Stude on the salt....running its air.

Zeke

Comment

Working...
                              X