57 Silver Hawk interiors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Silver Hawk interiors

Does anyone have a photo of the cloth interior? Is the optional vinyl interior the same as the Golden Hawk? What size pleat (width) would the vinyl inserts be on the seat?

The '57 "C" Body Silver Hawks were only C3 bottom of the line Trim, all of them.
    So there was nothing fancy about these like a Golden Hawk, very few had full vinyl, mostly Vinyl with Cloth Inserts, Rubber floor Mats etc.

They were a similar type of interior as a '56 Power Hawk
    Click image for larger version

Name:	57_S_HawkBurgandy2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1729195 Here is a '57 Silver Hawk Interior that appears to have a similar Seat Pattern reupholstered as original in pleated Vinyl, but nowadays it is very hard to find ANYTHING Original on these Hawk Interiors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 Parkview Red_Wht_Portland7.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	1729196 If I had to GUESS, I'd say it COULD have looked like this '57 Parkview 2 Door Wagon, Machine pressed fake Pleats about 1 Inch, Fore and Aft.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 08-13-2019, 05:15 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That Red & White interior sure looks purty now, doesn't it?
      JimsLeadCommander

Comment

I have some pretty vivid memories of the '57 Silver Hawk, my father had. Until I was about 10 years old. It came with the basic vinyl and cloth interior. As I remember it, it had the same vinyl borders as the Golden Hawks. But the pleated sections were just cloth. Which I have no memory of. As the cloth wore out, and had to be replaced by about the same time, or slightly before, I was born. Which was in November 1959! At that point, the cloth sections, were replaced, with plain White vinyl, which held up until the car was sold. It was Midnight Black, with a Black rubber floor mats, Black windlace, and dash pad. A white headliner, and Black & White door and quarter panels.

Mark
        Last edited by S2Deluxe; 08-16-2019, 09:52 PM.
        sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Here is a back seat photo as it sits now with period seat covers. Current owner of three years has never looked under the covers. I made the deal so when the car arrives from Maine I’ll look beneath, hopefully I’ll find nice original covers .Click image for larger version

Name:	E565B709-482B-48D2-BC58-272757AEF5A9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1729218

Comment

Originally posted by S2Deluxe View Post
            I have some pretty vivid memories of the '57 Silver Hawk, my father had. Until I was about 10 years old. It came with the basic vinyl and cloth interior. As I remember it, it had the same vinyl borders as the Golden Hawks. But the pleated sections were just cloth. Which I have no memory of. As the cloth wore out, and had to be replaced by about the same time, or slightly before, I was born. Which was in November 1959! At that point, the cloth sections, were replaced, with plain White vinyl, which held up until the car was sold. It was Midnight Black, with a Black rubber floor mats, Black windlace, and dash pad. A white headliner, and Black & White door and quarter panels.

Mark
            Sometimes, I have to stop and realize that some here are younger than I am. I was out of high school when your 1957 Hawk was new.

There was a couple of local guys that each purchased new black '57 Silver Hawks (and my '57 Golden Hawk was black). This is the first that I thought about them all being black. Both of the guys that bought the new '57 Silver Hawks were older than me. One guy sort of used his up and then traded it in on a new 1966 Cruiser. The other guy tried to preserve his Hawk. When the Hawk was new, he covered the seats and removed the floor covering and package shelf cover, etc. He drove the car around here that way for years. He and the Hawk retired to the mid-Atlantic area. I lost track then and have wondered what happened to his Hawk.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

No one else with photos? I realize they only built 9,000 or so units, not many around?

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                No one else with photos? I realize they only built 9,000 or so units, not many around?
                15,318 total of the various configurations of 1957 Silver Hawks.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The book Studebaker’s Hidden Treasure list 9607 57H-C3’s and 4163 of the 57G-C3 six cylinders.
                  Last edited by tim333; 08-20-2019, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tim333 View Post
                    The book Studebaker’s Hidden Treasure list 9607 57H-C3’s and 4163 of the 57G-C3 six cylinders.
                    I agree with 4163 C body sixes. I have 10,787 C body V8s. I also counted 120 K body sixes and 248 K body V8s.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

The more I look at these pictures, with the vinyl trim on the covers matching the armrest makes me wonder. Are these period covers or the actual original seat material?

Comment

Still no one with photos???

Comment

Working...
                        X