SDC Forum Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Forum Problem

Anybody know what's up with the forum log in?

1. For the last couple days, every time I come onto the site, I have to log on, even though I check the "remember me" box. For several attempts, I get "wrong user name" and "invalid pass word", even though I check to make sure the information is correct. Some times, the site downloads correctly and I go about business as usual. Some times, it continues to give me the error message, downloads, but doesn't show parts of the site, ie., the For Sale part, or allow me to post.

2. I've tried to send a message to the administrator via the "contact us" email, but that gets kicked back as "can't deliver message"?

3. I've received several emails from folks wanting to know why I've not responded to their PM's on the site. I've checked PM and no notes found and the notification box indicates no new messages. When I try and send a PM, nothing?

5. I've received the reminder notice in the yellow band and have checked and confirmed all my information there is correct, but still the problems persist???

Am I the only one experiencing this, or what?
    Bo

Bo, I've had to log in each time also.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Same here,

Stu Chapman

Comment

ditto. And it's getting tiresome.
        edp/NC
        \'63 Avanti
        \'66 Commander

Comment

I found that typing the FIRST letter of your Logon brings up the saved Logon, then go to the Password and the Dots show up meaning it has them saved, then click the "keep me logged in" Box and enter.

But this is on the Firefox Browser, your experience MAY vary!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

No problem here, with Safari browser!

Comment

Guys, here are some tips that may help.

The Forum uses cookies to keep you logged in. If you have to log in every time you come to the site, here are some things you can do to fix this:

1. Clear your browser's cache. Here are some helpful instructions.
              2. Make certain you ONLY log in using the secure site address: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com (note the "s" at the end of the "http://" prefix). Change any bookmarks you have to use this address.
              3. Check the "Remember Me?" box just beneath the username / password boxes to stay logged in.

If you ARE checking "Remember Me" and must still log in each time you visit, your browser is clearing the login cookie between visits. This is not a Forum issue; it is due to the way your browser's security options are set up. If this is happening:
              • Whitelist our web address in your browser's security settings. Here is a guide explaining how to do this.
              • Disable browser extensions such as Adblock Plus and Ghostery (or whatever you use) for our website.
              • If you have Norton or McAfee extensions installed in your browser, whitelist and allow cookies for our website.

Everyone's computer and software load is different and I cannot see what you are seeing, but 95% of the time, these things will do the trick for you. Again, this is not a problem unique to our Forum; it is simply the state of the Web these days.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by WCP View Post
                No problem here, with Safari browser!
                Same here...
                1949 Studebaker 2R5 half ton pickup...

Comment

Chrome and Edge works fine here. But I did need to clear the cashe in Chrome initially to save my login info on this site. I cleared the cashe hoping it would work because, I believe, if I'd have cleared the cookies it would mean I'd have needed to login to all my sites. The good news is Google saves all my login data and again , I think, it will ask me if I want to auto fill the sites login data even if I did clear the cookies.

Your results may vary.

Bob

Comment

Yes, generally it's Windows setups that have problems - Apple's browser is excellent. (And I'm a PC man!)

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I have the same problem on checking in it remembers my log in name then nothing else, but if I continue it remembers me sometimes.
                      Evan Severson

Comment

I have log in on my IPad each time as well. It used to always stay on.

Denny L

Comment

It just started with me and when I checked past logins and asked to show pass words I discovered that my password had been changed, what is up with that. Also I have forgotten how to change my pass word.
                          Don Watson
                          61 Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by whitehawk759 View Post
                            It just started with me and when I checked past logins and asked to show pass words I discovered that my password had been changed, what is up with that. Also I have forgotten how to change my pass word.
                            Don, only two people have the power to change your password: thee and me, and I didn't do it!

For instructions on changing your password, read this FAQ.

Comment

Still having problems staying logged on.... ALSO, it tells me that the URL is faulty and redirects me. If I click on "new posts" it will then let me on and read as normal.... But when I come back again, same crap all over again. It's NOT at my end.
                              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                              X