Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avanti ownership that does not break the bank...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti ownership that does not break the bank...

Unless the powerball people knock on the front door and force a winning ticket into my hand, Avanti ownership will not be part of my Studebaker future.

However, I think I found a good alternative ... just need to clean it up, get an old headlight in there, put a coat of wax on a couple times a years and I will be good...

The original hood from my father's Avanti is still on the family home place as well - would just need do that fancy "rope around the top of a rental car" thing to get it home...

Are you selling this? If so, you should move this discussion to the "for sale" group.

Comment

Originally posted by creegster View Post
      Are you selling this? If so, you should move this discussion to the "for sale" group.
      Definitely not selling - of course I could advertise it as "running when hit telephone pole (in 1969 or 70)"

Comment

You always need a few spare body parts, at least enought to build two more bodies, when owning an Avanti

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1086.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1728648

Comment

It would be interesting to see what could be done with it to turn it into wall art.

Comment

That thing can be restored! All you need is a bunch more parts. Try to look at it that way.
            -Dwight

Comment

Originally posted by 70Avanti2 View Post
              It would be interesting to see what could be done with it to turn it into wall art.

Its ceiling art for now. All those parts are NOS panels, plus a prototype nose piece. almost all the pieces for one car, minus the windshield and roll bar..

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                Its ceiling art for now. All those parts are NOS panels, plus a prototype nose piece. almost all the pieces for one car, minus the windshield and roll bar..
                What is the prototype nose piece?
                Bez Auto Alchemy
                573-318-8948
                http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

That first photo is such a powerful image.....those crumpled parts can remember when it was 1963 and somewhere in America people were watching a strong ego'd confident person tooling around town in an exotic car.....is he a fighter pilot, or an executive they wonder.....but now....sad and alone and nobody notices.....
                  Mike Sal

Comment

Sorry I was talking about turning the broken corner piece into wall art.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                      You always need a few spare body parts, at least enought to build two more bodies, when owning an Avanti

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82233[/ATTACH]

Ed.... you have to give me the body tag # of that car

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                      Unless the powerball people knock on the front door and force a winning ticket into my hand, Avanti ownership will not be part of my Studebaker future.

However, I think I found a good alternative ... just need to clean it up, get an old headlight in there, put a coat of wax on a couple times a years and I will be good...

The original hood from my father's Avanti is still on the family home place as well - would just need do that fancy "rope around the top of a rental car" thing to get it home...

Do you recall the serial number? :-)
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                        Do you recall the serial number? :-)
                        Actually have a production order for the car - hard to forget it was built on February 14, 1963. It is also on the Avanti registry page.

Comment

Not necessarily hanging off the wall, but it will keep our emergency supplies company...

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                            What is the prototype nose piece?
                            Sorry Brad, I did not see your question..

I'll get a better pic, but the air inlet and bumper mounting is different, as well as there are marks on it for other modifications..

The proto nose is in the background and a bit darker but you can see the bigger cut out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-17 14_52_46-attachment.php (1024×768).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	1728799

Comment

Working...
                            X