More excellent Studebaker promotion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More excellent Studebaker promotion!

Well, after a couple of months of myself and fellow forum member Paul Burkholder (alias: Maximus) arranging a deal with the Wall Street Journal, we finally got an article about my own Daisy-Mae within the "My Ride" column. Happy days!

If there are any problems with the online article I posted here, just wait for the physical version to come with tomorrow's issue of the WSJ (07/03).

Here's hoping I can continue to grow and become indespensable within Studebaker-dom. Again, Paul, you deserve a big THANK YOU. This would have not have been possible without you.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

From the link, I could just read the first two sentences without subscribing or signing in.
    Congrat's. on this accomplishment.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

What modeling agency did you use to find the handsome hipster who's standing next to your car?
      sals54

Comment

Maybe some day you will be President of the SDC. Your enthusiasm and and effort is great and the picture is terrific. Well done!
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Congratulations Jake!

Comment

Nice! Great picture!

Comment

I saw it on the Studebaker Addicts page today on Facebook. Well done, Jake, and thank you for energizing the SDC with youthful enthusiasm!
              Mike Davis
              1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Very impressive! When I was nineteen I had to wait about 9 more years before I got my first Studebaker, which was also a Hawk.
                I wonder what you'll do next.
                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Great Picture Jake!

How did you get on the Partridge Family's Street, where NO ONE ever parks in the Street?

And Congratulations on a great accomplishment, getting on a Prestigious and popular Website.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Looks like a good cover photo for Turning Wheels. You simply need to convince Ann Turner to rotate the photo layout of the cover 90 degrees.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Jake,

You are an absolute inspiration to those of us with more sunrises behind us than ahead of us! Keep going, I have a feeling you are going to do some big things in your life and we Studebakerites will be all the better for it! Awesome stuff!

Kato

Comment

Here is the nearly full page article with additional pictures from the print version of today's Wall Street Journal. The Wall Street Journal has close to two and a half million subscribers. This is great promotion for the Studebaker brand!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1728645Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk2.jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1728646Click image for larger version

Name:	Hawk3.jpg
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1728647

Comment

Would a Book Store carry something like that Wall Street Journal?
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Some bookstores may sell the Wall Street Journal or a news stand although they are pretty rare these days. The colors in the pictures featured in the hard copy article are brighter than what my phone images show.

Comment

I think any Barnes and Noble store will carry the WSJ.

A little more promotion like this and Daisy Mae will be the most famous Studebaker in modern times (except maybe Fozzie Bear's car).
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                              X