No announcement yet.

Rockne with a Dictator engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Rockne with a Dictator engine?

Rockne with Dictator engine??
    Has anyone ever swapped a 1934 Dictator engine into a Rockne? From what Ive read its the same casting and should work, but I am checking to see if anyone has actually done it and knows of any issues?
    Thanks
    Alan

I take it you need a Rockne engine?

There’s a ‘32 model 75 here that needs a new home. Looks presentable but the body is pretty rough; would make an excellent parts car. Currently have the gas tank out being cleaned so it can be driven again.

Comment

how rough is pretty rough?

Mine is a 32 model 65 so the model 75 engine wouldnt fit. What type of car is the 75? coupe? sedan?

Thanks

Comment

It’s a sedan. It’s complete and doesn’t look too bad, but most of the wood needs replacing and a lot of the bodywork is patched up.

Comment

Is this the same engine block as the later Commander six? Those are thick on the ground.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Yes same block but the Commanders had modifications... different locations for fuel pump, water pump, clutch connect etc. I am trying to keep it looking the same
            ALan

Comment

Originally posted by johnstonboys View Post
              Rockne with Dictator engine??
              Has anyone ever swapped a 1934 Dictator engine into a Rockne? From what Ive read its the same casting and should work, ...
              I'm speculating with what little resources I have quickly available, and some one may correct me but, I believe the '34 Dictator had the 205.3 cid engine introduced in the Model '53' Studebaker in 1930, two years before the design of the Rockne Six. I believe the Rockne casting was first installed in the Dictator in 1936 with a 217.8 displacement.

I am always available to be educated.
              Last edited by rockne10; 07-07-2019, 07:50 PM.
              Brad Johnson,
              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
              X