Zip van sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zip van sold

Just as an update, I did sell my last Zip Van. It’s on its way to Florida as I write this. The buyer intends to make a mild street rod out of it.

Thanks to all that were interested. In the end, it sold through Facebook marketplace. I did take a picture of it on the buyer’s trailer but I don’t know how to post it without going to a hosting site. If somebody else wants to post it I will text you the picture.

Best of luck to Keith, the new owner!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Just as an update, I did sell my last Zip Van. It’s on its way to Florida as I write this. The buyer intends to make a mild street rod out of it.

Thanks to all that were interested. In the end, it sold through Facebook marketplace. I did take a picture of it on the buyer’s trailer but I don’t know how to post it without going to a hosting site. If somebody else wants to post it I will text you the picture.

Best of luck to Keith, the new owner!
    Bob

You only need a host if you are posting to stove huggers. If the photos are on your computer then you can just use them directly from there. Otherwise, send them through my PM and I'll post them.

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob, I can’t see how to do it. I’m on my iPhone and maybe it can be done on a computer, but I hardly ever go on the computer anymore. The picture is on my phone, and it was simple to put on Facebook, I just don’t know how to do it here.
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Facebook is the hottest place to sell at this moment. I use it daily.
        Should be great until they decide to start charging a fee.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
          Facebook is the hottest place to sell at this moment. I use it daily.
          Should be great until they decide to start charging a fee.
          I sell all types of things every week on Facebook marketplace. By far the best venue that I know of these days. Haven’t used eBay or craigslist in a couple years.

Of course as you said, at some point they’re bound to go to a pay service. Honestly I would be OK if they don’t let it go to hell like eBay did. Until then it’s a fantastic venue.
          Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bob's Zip Van leaving.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Andrews.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	1728590

Bob

Comment

Well done, O wizard of forum photos 👏
              Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Congrat's. on the sale. That was an expensive proposition - driving a truck and trailer RT from Florida, unless he brought something north or was up north anyway. When I sold my Zip Van, it was driven to southern New Jersey.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I’m still not sure why they drove up to get it. It was the buyer plus the guy who is going to restore it for him, and a little dog. They drove 23 hours only to turn around and drive right back. Special trip, and didn’t transport anything else on the way up. I told him I could help him get it shipped cheaper than they could drive up for it, but that’s what he wanted to do.

Even in my younger days, when I was more interested in a road trips, that one wouldn’t have made sense to me.
                  Proud NON-CASO

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

It was the buyer plus the guy who is going to restore it for him, and a little dog.
                    Maybe they are old friends who have not had a chance to "hang out" much for a long time and this was a good reason to reconnect and get out of the house for a couple of days. I can see how that could be a reason.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                      Maybe they are old friends who have not had a chance to "hang out" much for a long time and this was a good reason to reconnect and get out of the house for a couple of days. I can see how that could be a reason.
                      This reminds me of the last trip that I made to pick up a Studebaker. I was making arrangements to have the car shipped. The seller decided that he would only deal in cash. So I took the cash and a long time (since 1969) friend and drove to the car.

EDIT: We had a nice day.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Looks like the Zip Van had Mustang Wheelcovers on it, which means probably Ford 14 Inch Wheels which would be the wrong size Bolt Pattern for a Stude. Truck Drum! There's some Magic going on here!

I don't remember if Ford offered optional 15 Inch Wheels and Wheelcovers for the early Mustang, I think they did for the V8's.
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 06-30-2019, 10:35 AM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          Looks like the Zip Van had Mustang Wheelcovers on it,
                          I don't think that's a Mustang wheel cover. The faux lug nut pattern looks too big. It may very well be a15 inch wheel. Let's ask Bob. It's very important that we know this, NOT!
                          Jerry Forrester
                          Forrester's Chrome
                          Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Those are 15" F150 covers.
                            Bez Auto Alchemy
                            573-318-8948
                            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                              Those are 15" F150 covers.
                              That's what I thought as well when I saw the original post where they are much more visible: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...an-has-arrived

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X