Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly OT, but Worth our Remembering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly OT, but Worth our Remembering...

Dateline, Spokane WA: Legendary hot-rodder Charlie Ryan, who co-authored the famous song Hot Rod Lincoln from his personal commutes in such a car that he had built, passed away at age 92 over the weekend, following a lengthy battle with heart disease.

I said, "Hold on, boys, I've got a license to fly...
    and the Cadillac pulled over and let me go by!"

RIP, Charlie. [V] [^] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

What do you know, I have the record! [:0]

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

"Live from the Armadillo World Headquarters deep in the heart of Texas, it is Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen!" Most people may remember his version and I did get some Studebaker content into the thread.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

"Live from the Armadillo World Headquarters deep in the heart of Texas, it is Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen!" Most people may remember his version and I did get some Studebaker content into the thread.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I have both Commander Codys versions.

Oglesby,Il
            61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I have both Commander Codys versions.

Oglesby,Il
              61Hawk "Studebaker? It must be hard to find parts for those!"
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I've only got the "OZONE" version.
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I've only got the "OZONE" version.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Charlie Ryan actually did own a hotrod Lincoln, and kept it for many years. I have a Hot Rod or Rod & Custom magazine from a few years ago with an article describing how some folks in Tacoma, I think, helped him restore it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Charlie Ryan actually did own a hotrod Lincoln, and kept it for many years. I have a Hot Rod or Rod & Custom magazine from a few years ago with an article describing how some folks in Tacoma, I think, helped him restore it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

[}] Why does this not surprise me? (Actually, I think I have one, too, Leonard, but I'd would have to go through about 200 unorganized 45s to find it!) [8D] BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Leonard Shepherd

[}] Why does this not surprise me? (Actually, I think I have one, too, Leonard, but I'd would have to go through about 200 unorganized 45s to find it!) [8D] BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

"Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask, Gord..."

BP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr

"Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask, Gord..."

BP

Comment

Working...
                              X