York information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York information

We are coming to the York meet and I would like to know if dogs allowed on the fairgrounds or do I need stay in the van and dog sit while husband shops. We have reservations at the Quality Inn because it was the only pet friendly hotel. Is the hotel as bad as the reviews say? Any information would be appreiciated as we are coming from Fl. and have never been to the York meet.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
    '58 Packard Hawk

Don't know the official policy, but it sure doesn't seem like any place for a dog. I wouldn't recommend bringing one.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

Don't know the official policy, but it sure doesn't seem like any place for a dog. I wouldn't recommend bringing one.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

"With your Lark you're on your own, free as a bird, alive as a Lark. You've suddenly discovered that parking is a pleasure, traffic is a breeze, turning's no trick at all, and happiness is a thing called Larking!"

Comment

As a meber of the Swap group committee I can tell you that having a dog in the vendor halls is a difficult situation. First of all there will be times when it will be difficult to walk and your dog will become uncomfortable as people try to push or walk through the crowd. there is plenty of space outside but in the buildings i highly reccomend that you leave him/her in your van. We really want you to attend but don't believe that it is a great place to bring a dog. Pat this is truly not the placefor your dog. Thanks for understanding. Don Jones

See you in the future as I write about our past
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

As a meber of the Swap group committee I can tell you that having a dog in the vendor halls is a difficult situation. First of all there will be times when it will be difficult to walk and your dog will become uncomfortable as people try to push or walk through the crowd. there is plenty of space outside but in the buildings i highly reccomend that you leave him/her in your van. We really want you to attend but don't believe that it is a great place to bring a dog. Pat this is truly not the placefor your dog. Thanks for understanding. Don Jones

See you in the future as I write about our past
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I just wanted to know if dogs are allowed on the grounds, I had not planned on going in the buildings just being outside of the van in the parking area.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
            '58 Packard Hawk

Comment

I just wanted to know if dogs are allowed on the grounds, I had not planned on going in the buildings just being outside of the van in the parking area.

Pat - Avon Park, Fl.
              '58 Packard Hawk

Comment

That shouldn't be a problem. You do realize late February in Pennsylvania is not the outdoor climate you are accustomed to? Your pooch may even want to wear an extra coat.

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That shouldn't be a problem. You do realize late February in Pennsylvania is not the outdoor climate you are accustomed to? Your pooch may even want to wear an extra coat.

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  Brad Johnson,
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I've taken my dog to York a few times with no problems. He's a Yorkie and weighs only 5 lbs though.

Jeff Sheaffer
                    60 Hawk
                    Jeff Sheaffer
                    Driving the past into the future

Comment

I've taken my dog to York a few times with no problems. He's a Yorkie and weighs only 5 lbs though.

Jeff Sheaffer
                      60 Hawk
                      Jeff Sheaffer
                      Driving the past into the future

Comment

Jeff,
                        Your Yorkie lives in Pa., knows the weather and still wears a coat. Pat's bringing a pup accustomed to Florida. Having a dog there is no problem. I'm thinking both of them may want to get inside at some point. They're calling for high temps in the low 40's.

I suspect a well tempered dog could be taken inside for the warmth. There's no ban that I'm aware of.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Jeff,
                          Your Yorkie lives in Pa., knows the weather and still wears a coat. Pat's bringing a pup accustomed to Florida. Having a dog there is no problem. I'm thinking both of them may want to get inside at some point. They're calling for high temps in the low 40's.

I suspect a well tempered dog could be taken inside for the warmth. There's no ban that I'm aware of.
                          Brad Johnson,
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                          X